What is Devo’s challenge?
We take Data Analytics to the next level. Our platform can process in real time up to 150k events per second per node and we are adding new features every month. We help top companies unlock the value of their data to enhance their business and operations, processing more data in less time with needing fewer resources.
What are the back-end challenges?
We have 4 main ones:
- Web: Sustain and enhance our platform’s processes regarding user accounts, permissions, functionalities, etc.
- Dashboards / Visualization: Tables are great to store information, but not to view it. These projects are focus on enhancing current displays of real-time data and researching new charts and widgets that could be implemented in the product
- Query engine: Speed is the key! We can map approximately 1.5 million events per second in each query. You will work on projects ranging from determining how every bit is stored in a table to how users can drag&drop items to access the right information.
- Core Engine: This is the heart of Devo's platform. This team is responsible for the real-time collection and storage of data, in other words, they never see what they do, they can only time and measure their work. If you like to use complex algorithms, deal with large amount of unorganized data that needs to be treated and you like to optimize the power of the CPU, look no further.
What’s a day as a Full-stack software engineer @ Devo?
- Work in a dynamic environment using AGILE methodologies.
- Develop and maintain new features to enhance the Devo Data Operations Platform.
- Plan programming projects by confirming program objectives and specifications.
- Create and maintain unit tests for the corresponding tasks.
- Work at the highest level of all technical phases of programming. Critically review all programs prior to implementation.
- Conducts thorough problem analysis of technical system and application programs; documents findings and proposes problem resolution alternatives.
- Comply with programming standards, company directives and legal requirements.
- Talk about GoT, Futurama and Rick&Morty
What would make you a Devo:?
- Researcher mentality with a focus on execution! We are building a high-performance platform to be used around the world. We need someone to look for new horizons without forgetting the daily tasks.
- Experience developing software other than web or accounting software (engineering, drivers, compilers, ...)
- Very strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, concurrence and parallelism.
- Enjoy learning and problem solving.
- Significant experience working with complex data models, Algorithmic efficiency and concurrency.
What do our people get?
- Competitive salary that gets review every year to stay in market.
- Flexible working hours, possibility to work from home, permanent contract from day one! After the first year you can work 10 days in your own R&D projects (intellectual salary).
- Cool Laptop to work with, you can choose in between three models and OS.
- Big Employee Referral Bonus (your piece for helping us recruit).
- Paid English classes during working hours.
- Free juices, coffee (Nespresso), tea and cookies.
- Internal and external Workshops so you never stop learning.
- Sanitas Insurance paid 50% by the company.
- Big shiny office located in Plaza de Castilla.
Come for the project, stay because of the people.