At New Relic, we provide our customers with real-time insights, so they can innovate faster. Our software provides deep observability across the stack, and we need a hardworking Engineer to help us deliver an extensible and reliable solution for Log management to our customers!
You will be part of an awesome engineering team creating tools that make software engineers better. You’ll spend most of your time working with React-based applications that allow customers to connect log data sources easily and query them after but at the same time are willing to jump in on high throughput Java services if the need arises or sometimes digging into the details of how plugins work (Go, Ruby, Python-based).
Please note that position is open for remote candidates!
What You’ll Do
- Build React-based components that allow customers to connect their log sources
- Query Log data and visualize it through React components
- Craft Java code that collects and processes new data types
- Serve on a rotation responding to requests from support and internal customers
- Participate as an on-call engineer
- Have direct and on-site engagement with your team
- 2-5 years of software full-stack development experience
- Knowledge of Java fundamentals
- Willingness to participate or experience in an on-call rotation
- Experience with unit and integration testing
- You ship incrementally and often
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position
This position is in our Barcelona office, which was established in October 2014 with our acquisition of Ducksboard, a privately held startup. We provide challenging work, opportunities to learn, high-quality teammates, a standard-setting product, and a company on the move. We offer:
- Competitive salary.
- Equity compensation plan.
- Performance reviews twice a year.
- Work-life balance and flexible schedule.
- Amazing and fun work environment.
- Private health insurance for you and your family, including dental coverage.
- Retirement fund and Life insurance.
- English and Spanish language classes.
- Office located in the center of Barcelona, very close to public transportation.
- We provide ergonomic furniture (chairs, desks) to keep you healthy and comfy.
- Fresh fruits, snacks, and beverages.
- We support technical meetups, both local and international.
- We help with relocation.
We are passionate about data visualizations in real time, APIs, intuitive UX, and beautiful design. We have no dogma but do whatever makes sense to deliver state of the art products.
New Relic (NYSE: NEWR) is a cloud-based platform that gives developers, engineers, operations, and management a clear view of what’s happening in today’s complex software environments. So they can find and fix problems faster, and deliver delightful experiences for their customers. That's why the world’s best engineering teams rely on New Relic to visualize, analyze, and troubleshoot their software. It’s the simplest, most powerful cloud-based observability platform, built to create more perfect software. All from one place.
Founded in 2008, we’re a global company passionate about building a culture where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging, where every ‘Relic’ can bring their whole self to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We’re consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an award-winning culture. For more information, visit newrelic.com.
Our Hiring Process
In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.
New Relic is an equal opportunity employer. We eagerly seek a diverse applicant pool and hire without regard to race, color, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical abilities (or disability), age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.