Forming part of one of our agile teams, the Full Stack PHP WordPress Developer owns the challenge of building and maintaining modern, innovative and high-performance websites which delight our end users.
The successful candidate will embody our core values of trust, transparency, accountability and growth mindset. These values are at the heart of everything we do, are vital for all roles throughout Blexr, and applicants must be able show how they have demonstrated at least some of these attributes in previous employment.
Please note applications for remote positions will only be considered for time zones ranging between UTC-1 and UTC+5.
Your Main Responsibilities
- Work collaboratively with a small, cross-functional agile team, actively participating and contributing to agile events as appropriate
- Support product discovery through implementation of prototypes and similar techniques for fast, inexpensive learning
- Support product delivery by building, testing, and releasing production quality WordPress websites utilizing best engineering practices
- Write simple, clean and secure PHP code, as well as efficient SQL queries, with a focus on minimizing technical debt and complexity
- Implement unit tests and other automated tests as appropriate
- Refactor, optimize and improve existing code for better maintainability and scalability, and reduce technical debt in general
- Develop and maintain clear and complete documentation
- Test own work with a view to minimal work items being returned for defects to be fixed, while working closely with QA to ensure that any defects are promptly resolved
- Provide operational support for applications and websites when so required
- Troubleshoot, identify root causes of, and remediate complex technical issues