What does eCurring do?
We make it ridiculously easy for companies to collect their subscription fees. The Recurring Payments industry has grown explosively over the past few years. Yet it remains very hard and expensive for these companies to collect their recurring fees. Our solution is focussed on removing the friction for all businesses who have, or who would like to offer subscription based products.
Think of the gym next door. Think of magazines. And what the heck, think of your Netflix account. All these companies have the same issues when it comes to collecting their subscription fees. We solve those problems, and our goal is to have the best performing, most transparent and most honest product in this field of business.
We’re a venture of one of the fastest growing fintech companies in Europe: Mollie Payments. We share the same office in the city center of Amsterdam, right in between the famous ‘9 Straatjes’. Working for eCurring gives you the best of both worlds: you work for a startup which gives you immediate influence over the product and you can enjoy all the awesome benefits that Mollie has to offer. To name a few: great & tasty lunch, awesome trips (Star Wars Premiere!), and game consoles in the cantine (yes, we do game tournaments!).
Sounds great! What does the work look like?
Our platform is divided into several microservices. Together with the lead developer you’re responsible for our entire platform. It means that you’re constantly adding value to the product.
Your daily tasks include designing and setting up payment API’s, building integrations with external services, and the maintenance of the existing functionalities.
For example, you write a new service in PHP7. You modify a React component to make use of this new service. After writing tests you push your code to Gitlab. Your unit- and integration tests run on the CI platform and give you green light to proceed. Your colleague reviews your code and after accepting your pull request your changes will be deployed. Customers can immediately benefit from the value you just added.
What skills are required?
Our ideal candidate
- You want to work with a startup that has huge potential;
- You don’t just do your job; you take the extra mile;
- You’re a fast learner;
- Great analytical and problem solving skills;
- You’re passionate about what you do
- Experience with the latest versions of PHP (PHP7+). You also have thorough knowledge on different design patterns and you know how to apply these the correct way;
- Knowledge of popular open source frameworks like Laravel or Symfony (deeper than the basic MVC);
- Experience with (automated) testing and TDD;
- Basic knowledge on frontend frameworks and tools (React, Redux, Webpack);
- Knowledge of Docker and Continuous Deployment.
What do we offer you?
- Challenging tasks & room for your own input and initiatives;
- Autonomy to develop solutions and implement them;
- Excellent employment terms, including competitive salary;
- 25 days of annual leave;
- Being part of a unique, young and growing fintech company;
- Best possible tech setup that you need to do your job;
- Freedom and flexibility;
- Daily fresh lunches;
- Friday afternoon drinks;
- A variety of game consoles in office!
Our selection procedure in a nutshell:
Apply by clicking the button below. The more you share about yourself and the reason you apply at Mollie, the better!
Let's first have a 'coffee chat' to introduce eCurring, the role and get to know you. This can be at our office, but this could also be via phone, Hangouts or Skype.
During the interview phase (of max. two rounds), we'll inform you as soon as we've decided whether we'd like to proceed with you.
The interview phase may include a technical assignment to test your technical merits.