FilledThis offer is not available anymore
Alpha Health has now become Koa Health. After 4 years of intense research and product development on breakthrough digital mental health solutions; Alpha Health has graduated from Telefonica’s moonshot factory.
Koa Health is a digital mental health company bringing high quality mental healthcare to people around the world. Targeting a significant market opportunity, Koa is building solutions that are comprehensive (from prevention to cure), effective (with a uniquely strong evidence-base), ethical (e.g., managing personal data), and personal (rather than one-size-fits-all).
Koa launched its first commercial product in the US and UK in February (Foundations) and launches Mindset in the US later this year. In parallel, Koa is developing a pipeline of clinical products, including Perspectives and Foresight.
At Koa, we have built a fantastic team of designers, engineers, researchers, and commercial leads. We also partner with the very best clinicians and academics in the US, the UK, and Europe.
About the Role
We are looking for talented engineers in Barcelona (flexible to remote work from other cities in Spain), that can contribute technically and also from a business perspective. You will join our engineering team (around 25 engineers) in one of our product pods (4-6 engineers) and work on mobile apps and backend services, from definition to deployment, collaborating with QA and DevOps.
From a development perspective, we have implemented a career ladder so our Team Leads can help you take control and enable your personal progression. Also we're always looking to use the latest technologies and have a way of working that allows us to help mentor team members technically too.
We don’t only care about your experience, it doesn’t matter if you are a junior or a senior; we want people who take pride in their work, are eager to learn and share their knowledge. If you are curious about us but think you don’t match our tech stack then feel free to apply - we are looking for attitude rather than knowledge and we would still like to meet you.
The purpose of Koa Health is develop products that are truly effective in delivering high quality, digital mental health care; we want to work with like-minded people who can help us achieve our goal to create the most widely used products in this space.
- Angular or React front-end for web.
- Ionic or Flutter apps for mobile devices.
- NodeJS + TypeScript for the backend running on a Kubernetes infrastructure in the Cloud.
- Understand, curate, implement and estimate a user story.
- Participate proactively in team technical meetings and discussions.
- Participate proactively in backlog grooming and plannings.
- Implement new features, refactors and fixes and reason about the solution adopted.
- Write tests for components and modules.
- Architecting servers and services that enable new product features.
- Work with a product lead and design team.
- Work independently and as a team, participating in code reviews.
- Direct ownership and end-to-end responsibility for the entire software development life cycle: analysis, development, testing and deployment.
- Experience with Unit Testing.
- You have experience in developing back-ends with NodeJS, possibly using TypeScript.
- Familiarity with Typescript.
- Highly motivated and experienced professional focused on creating an energized environment with a 'Getting things done' attitude.
- Ability to adapt to changing conditions and unexpected obstacles, modifying work methods to accomplish goals.
- Good level of English.
Nice to Have
- Experience as a mobile developer with native (Android, iOS) and/or using hybrid frameworks (Ionic, Flutter or React-Native).
- Use of dev-tools (profiling and debugging)
- Experience in 'software as a medical device' development
Koa Health Perks
We provide all the necessary help and perks to make your life at work and outside of work fun and comfortable all year round, like:
- Benefits package (health, pension, life)
- Work from home or work from the office
- Flexible working schedule
- High social impact with worldwide reach
- A friendly and open environment
- A democratic team culture that encourages everybody to contribute ideas and acquire new skills
- HQ in Barcelona, right by the beach!