We’re looking for a Full Stack Developer to join the JustPark team and help us take our product to the next level.
As a Full Stack Developer you’ll need diverse set of skills, ranging from frontend development, building RESTful APIs to debugging iptables. There are lots of interesting engineering problems to solve, such as calculating the availability across hundreds of listings with thousands of bookings within milliseconds to serve our search results. Querying multiple geospatial data sources for the best parking space for drivers. Orchestrating containers to provide zero-downtime for our web booking platforms as well as our VoIP booking platform.
JustPark is one of London's most exciting and fast-growing startups - with a record-breaking £3.7m equity crowdfunding round under its belt, on top of investment from BMW and Index Ventures. In 2015 alone, JustPark were featured in WIRED’s top 10 hottest startups, crowned winners of Richard Branson's 'Pitch to Rich', and nominated for the Growing Business Awards UK Employer of the Year.
As a Full Stack Developer at JustPark your responsibilities will include:
- Scaling our platform to accommodate a rapidly growing user base
- Developing APIs to support our mobile, web and hardware platforms
- Working with our data scientists to provision big data systems
- Managing our container based infrastructure
- Extending our DevOps toolchain to enable quicker and more stable deployments
- Configuring and maintaining our parking hardware deployed in the field
- Realising your inner entrepreneur to deliver features that drive user acquisition and retention!
You need to have the following skills and experience:
- At least 3 years commercial experience
- RESTful API design, development and consumption
- Experience working with SQL and NoSQL databases
- Experience with frameworks in any of the following languages:
- PHP - we use Laravel
- Node.js - Koa or Express
- Python - Falcon or Flask
- Ruby - Sinatra or Rails
- Automated testing methodologies and frameworks
- Problem solving mindset that extends beyond writing code
- Ability to translate complex business requirements into readable, maintainable and scalable code
We don’t expect you to know everything, but It’s a bonus if you have:
- Linux sysadmin experience using automation tools such as Ansible, Puppet or Chef
- Experience using containerisation technologies in production, especially Docker and Kubernetes
- Frontend framework experience, especially Ember or React
- Experience developing on hardware such as Arduino or Raspberry Pi
- Experience developing with real-time or Pub/Sub systems
- Experience working at a startup
- Experience with split testing and analytics platforms
- Well versed in effective application layering, domain-driven design and test-driven development
- A salary that is actually competitive.
- Generous stock options.
- Unlimited holiday (yes actually!).
- Free lunch every day, cooked by our in house chef - check out her Instagram: whatsjuliecooking.
- Flexible working - our normal working hours are 9 to 6 but we trust you to manage your time if something different works for you!
- Your own Macbook Pro or PC.
- Free parking at any JustPark space
- Generous training opportunities.
- Twice weekly in office meditation classes.
- Quarterly team Away Days.
- Early finish Friday for team drinks!