You are a mid-level frontend engineer, passionate about working with React.js and with a good UI/UX understanding. In this role, you are an essential part of one of our cross-functional development teams and support us in crafting cutting-edge, cloud-based applications within our high-load event-based connected fleet ecosystem.
Join Vimcar as Frontend Engineer – Web Application Development (m/f/d)!
THE VIMCAR STORY:
Vimcar is redefining business mobility by seamlessly integrating commercial vehicles into digital ecosystems. An innovative combination of live car data and a set of cloud-based applications offers real-time insight into vehicle activity and support for administrative tasks.
Backed with € 18+ Mio. by renowned VCs including Acton Capital, Coparion and UVC, our products make everyday life easier for our customers while saving them money at the same time. This has helped us connect more than 60,000 vehicles already and win customers like Allianz, Zalando, Deutsche Bahn and Ford.
In the tech department, we are five independent, cross-functional engineering teams, divided into three areas: Application Engineering, Platform Engineering and Data Integrations. We work agile, applying the optimal methodology (Scrum or Kanban) depending on each team’s size and the products they own. We bring development and operations closely together. Therefore, each team has some DevOps responsibilities.
THE TECHNOLOGY STACK:
- With a strict MVVM architecture and clearly defined patterns, we focus on building things.
- With static typing, we can develop features with confidence. It makes our applications scalable and maintainable.
- We work with Functional-Reactive-Programming using Rx.js – whereas MobX is very much an object-oriented library, giving us both performance and ease of development.
- API-first! All clients communicate with our backend via RESTful, JSON-based APIs, documented by OpenAPI/Swagger.
- Without exception: All deployments are fully automated and based on Docker or AWS Lambda.
- Our goal is to further improve the accuracy of our trip extraction and increase the number of covered trip cases as we grow from 50,000 beyond 200,000 active vehicles.
- As part of this team, you develop, maintain and improve the next version of our generic trip extraction from stream data and are responsible for evaluating and integrating new geo-location data sources.
- You create and maintain service components with Java Spring and AWS / Docker throughout their entire life cycle.
- You develop system components, not user interfaces.
- 2+ years of experience in frontend development for web applications
- Experience with state management (MobX, Redux or similar)
- Experience with CI/CD
- You have a strong affinity for UX and have proven to show ownership in a dynamic, agile environment.
- Fully fluent in English & valid work permit for Germany
- [BONUS] Proficient in German
Why should you join us? At Vimcar, you can take an established StartUp through its most exciting growth period with significant VC backing. We established a subscription business model centred around complex products within the evolving B2B SaaS industry.
- Quick, sustainable growth & secure funding
- Agile work environment with flat hierarchies and an international team
- Modern tech stack solving complex user problems
- Permanent full-time position with flexible work hours and a company laptop
- Access to company car-sharing, fresh fruit and free drinks around the office, frequent company events, and a variety of other perks, including a membership with Urban Sports Club.