The Front End Engineer primary focus will be to combine the art of design with the art of programming. Responsibilities will include translation of the UI/UX design wireframes to actual code that will produce visual elements of the application.
You will work with the rest of your Scrum team to bridge the gap between graphical design and technical implementation, taking an active role on both sides and defining how the application looks as well as how it works, and always ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from and to these products
We are organized in 4 scrum-based teams which collaborate across the full product lifecycle. We work together from definition to deployment.
Candidates should like participating in defining products by understanding the value proposition of the company and should enjoy helping to craft products by taking full advantage of the technology available. Candidates should be passionate about understanding technology and how it is mapped to applications in balance with company needs.
- Design and development of the new user-facing features for our core IoT products, making sure our applications function properly (including scalability, efficiency, resilience, fault tolerance and data security techniques)
- Work closely with Back-End engineers & designers, product owners, and other team members to implement complex end-to-end systems
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Use technical skills to close the gaps between new requirements and the WorldSensing products.
- Rigorous commitment to documentation, quality engineering, testing, and support.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electronics, Information Technology, or Computer Science
- 5+ years of software development experience
- Proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3
- Proficient understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, preferably Git.
- Basic knowledge of image authoring tools, to be able to crop, resize, or perform small adjustments on an image. Familiarity with tools such as Gimp or Photoshop is a plus.
Key Soft Competencies:
- Track record of flexibility in response to changing circumstances
- A good team player with excellent verbal and written skills along with a strong commercial focus
- A can-do, roll-up-your-sleeves attitude
- Passion for your work and a sense of humor
What we offer
- Full-time employment
- Competitive salary
- Great work environment
- Beautiful new office space in Sants
- Opportunity to work for a global IoT player which has been labeled as one of the organizations actively shaping the Smart City ecosystem and pioneering the Industrial Internet.