Contentful is a content management developer platform that enables web and mobile developers to manage, integrate, and deliver digital content to any kind of device or service that can connect to an API - be it smart cars, VR, mobile, web, digital signage, or any new platform. We solve the complexities of content management for tens of thousands web and mobile developers, some independent and many working at enterprise customers that include Jack-in-the-box, Petsmart, Specialized, and Urban Outfitters.
We're a fun team of over 100 people from 36 nations with offices in Berlin and San Francisco, backed by top VCs (Benchmark, Trinity, Balderton, Point Nine), growing at an amazing pace, and looking for more amazing individuals to join our team!
Contentful has the mission of becoming the number one platform for content that brings together developers who want to work with APIs to build apps and editors who produce the content. In order to reach this goal, we must make sure that every user who gets to know about Contentful can smoothly understand how to use the platform and become an active user.
As a Frontend Developer in our product success team, you’ll work on continuously shaping and reshaping the path that leads users from curiosity to happiness.
Apply a mix of technical, visual and entrepreneurial skill sets on a daily basis and participate in discussions around the topic of user journey and experience.
- Perform frequent changes and tweaks to our onboarding and first-time user experience
- Create a framework within our frontend that allows for fine-grained tracking of events, so that the path to user activation can be effectively analysed and improved through further experimentation
- Participate in brainstorming sessions on improvements
- Provide feedback to product and design suggesting how the next steps of the user-activation journey could be implemented
- You are excited about continuously measuring, tweaking and improving the user experience in key areas of the product
- Having run your own startup or having taken significant ownership of a conversion funnel is a BIG plus
- Fluent implementation of visually rich, interactive web applications (including a portfolio in your application is appreciated)
- Very familiar with event tracking systems and AB test implementations
- In-depth knowledge of at least one modern frontend framework (Angular.js, React & Flux…)
- Substantial knowledge of HTML, CSS, the DOM and browser APIs
- A Computer Science background is considered a plus
- Excellent English communication skills, verbally and written (German not required)
- Work at the core of one of the key success factors of the company
- Join a real tech company that counts among its investor and advisors people like Adam Wiggins (Heroku) and Francesco Cesarini (Erlang Solutions)
- We offer an education budget and extra days off to be spent on your self-development
- Pick any tools you feel comfortable with; from hardware to software, your work environment to your chair, we've literally got your back
- Enjoy the flexibility of time and place of your work.
- Brush up your language skills! Our team speaks more than 20 languages, and we offer free German classes!
- We fully support your move to Berlin with a relocation budget. We'll help you settle into your exciting new city
“Variety is the spice of life” — and a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer: all qualified applicants are considered for positions regardless of race, ethnic origin, gender, age, religion or belief, marital status, gender identification, sexual orientation, or disability. We look forward to your application!