We’re Bulb, an independent and renewable energy supplier. We have developed a unique operating model to provide affordable renewable energy to UK homes and businesses. Technology is at the very core of both our business and our member’s experiences. Based in the heart of London’s vibrant startup community, we are also the first and only UK energy supplier to achieve B Corp status. We believe people are ready for an energy company they can feel good about.
We work in project-based sprints in integrated teams and encourage an open and transparent working environment. As an engineer you’ll be able to get involved in any aspect of the business you are interested in. Currently the following pods are looking for Front-end Engineers.
Help us create applications and services that allow our members to manage their accounts via desktop, mobile, SMS and email. You’d be working in a multi disciplinary team with developers, testers, designers, product managers and subject matter experts, developing across the full stack. We’ve got ambitious targets for customer self service and we’re always looking for innovative and exciting new ideas.
Energy Specialist Technology
We enable the Energy Specialist team to provide the best member service in the energy industry. You'll be using technology in interesting ways to automate tasks, simplify workflows, and build improvements to members experiences across products to reduce the need for them to get in touch with us. We're always on the lookout for making things better as we grow.
The number of people that have their energy supplied by Bulb has grown 1,000% per year and we're on a trend to do the same this year. Join the pod that's working on driving this growth as part of a multidisciplinary team working across the full stack, and help tackle exciting challenges, ambitious opportunities, and powerful products - such as the journey customers use to switch their energy, the most visited Bulb product Bulb.co.uk and more!
As a Front-end Engineer at Bulb you will:
- Establish front-end patterns and practices that ensure accessible and performant digital products.
- Work closely with designers and engineers to scale and evolve our design system.
- Build simple and elegant interfaces, while refactoring the codebase to make it more modular and robust.
- Help to make decisions about front-end technologies, to make sure the team stays productive as the front-end stack evolves.
- Have experience maintaining and scaling frontends.
- Have a passion for great user experience and a good eye for design.
- Take a thoughtful methodological approach to front-end architecture.
- Be passionate about performance and accessibility.
- Teams at Bulb are cross-functional, self-organized and autonomous pods. The key features of this structure are:
- You’ll be working within a growing cross functional team composed of specialists with backgrounds in DevOps, Engineering and Security.
- We practice Scrum/Kanban and work lean.
- Work is not siloed, you’re able to commit across the stack, and you have a view of all the features the team are working on.
- We’re use data to drive continuous improvement in our development process and we review this data in our fortnightly retrospectives.
- We reflect the Bulby working culture
- Be part of a growing technology startup and help shape the future of energy.
- Training budget of £1000 a year, plus five working days to spend on professional or personal development. You can use this for training courses, books or conferences.
- 33 days holiday a year (including bank holidays) and the option to buy up to 5 more.
- After a year at Bulb, you can take an additional month of unpaid leave to travel, work on personal projects or simply to recharge and reboot.
- 12 weeks of full pay for maternity, paternity or adoption leave.
- We all own a bit of Bulb.
- Activities to improve your mental and physical well being including office yoga, meditation and Sanctus coaching.
- Healthcare and a pension plan with employer contributions, childcare voucher scheme and a cycle to work scheme.
Application Closing Date: 15th July 2019