Schibsted Media Group is an international media group with 6800 employees in 31 countries. From Mexico to Malaysia, from Brazil to Norway – millions of people interact with Schibsted companies every day. We ensure that new and old sofas can be sold. News reports are read and watched when, where and how consumers want. Weather reports are checked with quick online services. Carpenters are found through a couple of clicks. Prices are compared and the latest fashion is browsed... these examples are just some of the ways our services empower people all around the world in their daily lives.
Schibsted Products & Technology is a brand new technology start-up within Schibsted, with offices in London, Stockholm, Barcelona and Oslo. Our philosophy is built on keeping an open mind, challenging ourselves, and the status quo. The goal is to shape the future of our industry. To achieve this we recruit attitude in addition to technical skills. If you are driven, ambitious, not afraid of challenges and thrive on finding new solutions, we want to hear from you.
The overall mission of Schibsted Products and Technology is to develop the common global product platforms and technology infrastructure necessary to create data and identity based ecosystems; empowering local entrepreneurs, delighting users, and driving Schibsted’s future growth. With over 250 million monthly active users under our belt, we're able to harness huge amounts data to provide insights on a global scale. Together with our deep local expertise, we've got a winning combination.
As a Front-End Engineer, you will help build state of the art systems that power Schibsted’s various properties that serve over 200+ million users every month. Your client code will be integrated into dozens of properties and your code will feed data to many parts of Schibsted’s ecosystem. You will be creating new features for millions of Schibsted’s users, as well as building responsive and elegant internal and external web applications.
- Working in a multi-disciplinary team across Europe, develop client code that can be used by many disparate properties.
- Develop prototypes quickly but deliver production code that can scale to our large user base.
- Be involved in a full spectrum of front end engineering, including new features and new applications but also tools to support experimentation, localisation and customisation.
- Develop and implement systems using best practices and tools. Document and communicate them.
- Be creative and experiment with new solutions but pragmatic and committed to code optimization, maintainability, and quality
- Work with product owners and designers to prioritise and hone features.
- Optimize web applications for maximum speed and scale. Support diverse clients from high end desktop computers to mobile devices for emerging markets.
- Excellent experience in web development for both desktop and mobile platforms.
- Previous development experience with either Java, Python, or C++.
- Experience with HTML5, CSS3, AJAX, RESTful APIs.
- Strong understanding of web performance, scalability, and implementation constraints.High comfort level working with multiple stakeholders from different parts of the organization toward a consensus.
About the team:
We will deliver a brand new marketplace product for Schibsted that will touch every aspect of Schibsted’s technology stack and we are recruiting broadly across all skills and levels. This new Marketplace will deliver to 13 marketplaces in 2016 and eventually across all of Schibsted’s properties.
We are building one personalised UI that serves all of our marketplace sites globally touching 250m users across different regions on a single platform building a single product. As part of this, Schibsted is building a raft of microservices to power our new platform and cutting edge mobile apps delivering technologies such as a dynamic experimentation platform, personalisation, real time messaging, deep customisations and client side deep learning networks.
Official website, founding date, employees, how did it all begin... Do you know the whole story?Tell Us!