Descripción de empleo
We're growing fast and are looking for an experienced, open-minded and well-rounded Front End Developer to work within the Software Development Department and contribute to the development of ABA English’s front-end.
We are now undergoing an exciting transformation and understand we will only be the best company if we can attract and retain the best people, and this is a great opportunity for a dynamic individual to spearhead a new phase of growth for a fast-moving technology company.
- Take an active part in the creation and definition of our products, working as the link between the creative and the implementation phases and being part of the two.
- Development of reusable UI components for the web and mobile using HTML5 technologies.
- Participate in the analysis and adoption of new technologies to incorporate in the web stack in order to guarantee performance, code quality and maintainability.
- Be a technical referent in the frontend technologies field within the company.
Required skills & experience:
- 4+ years of relevant experience with web development
- Fluent English
- Ability to work both on own initiative and under instruction.
- Team worker and Agile experience.
- Experience in Object-oriented programming (OOP)
- Good understanding of design patterns.
- Experience integrating with RESTful APIs
- Experience with task/build runners (gulp, grunt etc.)
- Senior experience in responsive design (CSS grids)
- Experience with testing frameworks (Jasmine, Mocha etc.)
- Experience with version control, GIT or other.
- Experience with ES6
- Experience with SASS or LESS
- Some experience with continuous integration/delivery tools like Jenkins
- Some experience with container technologies, for example Docker, and virtualization
- Some experience with server-side coding - Java and MVC frameworks.
- Open work environment with young, dynamic and outstanding international teams
- Working in a vibrant and fast paced company
- Free Breakfast every Monday
- Free English and Spanish classes
- Free beverages and snacks (coffee, tea, juices, fresh fruit)
- Working in sunny Barcelona
ABA English Culture:
Here at ABA English we don’t rely on machines to produce our product, we rely on people. With that in mind we constantly strive to provide the best working environment possible to ensure the success of each member of the ABA team.
When choosing a place to work, we believe culture is one of, if not the most important differentiator. After all, it's where you'll spend the majority of your week! Our office in Barcelona is in a start-up hub for creative businesses.
When we wake up we look forward to coming in, and find our jobs challenging, stimulating and enjoyable. We take pride in working for a business that's both highly innovative and making a lasting positive impact on the world, and enjoy kicking back after a hard week's work with an inter-company hangout and beers. Every quarter we try to go out for a cultural or team building event.
If this sounds like something you can handle and would like to be a part of, then we would love to hear from you! All applications must be in English.
About ABA English
Official website, founding date, employees, how did it all begin... Do you know the whole story?Tell Us!