We build digital products with a strong focus on problem solving and value creation. We do this together with a supremely talented and energetic team of technology and design experts, like-minded partners, and forward thinking clients; from Fortune 500 to promising startups. We’re looking for a talented Frontend Developer who’s excited to join our team in Amsterdam.
Eli5ers live to translate complex matter into simple solutions and love the technical challenges they face while doing this. Buzzwords make us cringe and we always make sure everyone understands what we are doing and why we are doing it.
------- Frontend Developer @ Eli5
Frontend Development is one of the core pillars of the company. As a Eli5 Frontend Developer you’ll be responsible for the frontend development of dynamic and intuitive applications for web, mobile, and desktop. Next to frontend development you’ll be playing a big role in Requirements Engineering, Prototyping, UX & UI Design, and connecting Backend Technology.
Eli5 offers you the opportunity to work in a fast-paced company and grow your skills and experience within the fields of technology, (corporate) startups, and design.
------- You will be responsible for:
* Responsible for creating maintainable and extendable front-end solutions;
* Defining and scoping the front-end part of our projects, both with the team and with clients;
* Working closely together with back-end developers and designers in project teams; and
* Advising clients and product owners about the technical pros and cons within the product strategy.
------- Competencies – Essential:
* A big interest in new technologies and keeping up with the latest developments in software;
* Experienced with version control (Git);
* Holding a degree in software engineering or you can show equivalent work experience;
* An organized and self-motivated approach, with a strong attention to detail and the ability to analyse and interpret data; and
* Proficiency in both English and Dutch. Proof (e.g. certificates or exam results) might be requested.
------- Competencies – Bonus:
* Implementation of software design patterns;
* Laravel backend technology;
* Linux (Ubuntu / Amazon Linux);
* Consuming (RESTful) API’s;
* Object oriented programming in PHP, MySQL and / or MariaDB;
* Implementation of software design patterns; and
* Isolated development environments (Virtualbox / Vagrant).
------- The perks of Eli5:
* You won’t be working in a boring office space in the outskirts but in a well designed office in the middle of Amsterdam;
* Visit (and present on) tech events in the Netherlands and the rest of the world;
* Develop yourself through on- and offline courses you can pick yourself;
* Get a gym membership at high-end gym Gustav, who have a city gym next to our office and a gym on Zuidas;
* Moving to the Netherlands for this job and your a EU citizen? We’ll help you move to our lovely flat little country;
* Work within a team of skilled and experienced developers, designers, and strategists; and
* Have a great and free homemade lunch every day.