PayFit simplifies payroll management and HR processes for SMBs. PayFit is an automated SaaS solution to help business owners and HR professionals save time and money allowing them to refocus on what really matters: their employees.
Since 2015, we have set ourselves a mission to support the digital transformation of HR management through our ever growing range of product features and services. We have a strong presence in France and have been quickly growing in Germany, Spain, the UK and Italy. With 6,000 customers in 4 countries, we are one of the fastest-growing SaaS companies in Europe.
Today, we are more than 650 employees at PayFit and we all share four core values:
- Care for each other
- Always stay humble
- Strive for excellence
- Live and work with passion
We are committed to a culture of inclusion and an environment that enables fulfillment in freedom & responsibility.
You want to join us? This video is better than a long description…
Your missions ⭐
Get onboard of the PayFit rocket by joining our Design System Team as a Lead Frontend Engineer
The wonderful Design System squad composed by two frontend engineers, a product designer and an illustrator intern.
The squad is part of the Design Studio tribe tied to the Expert platform. Its main mission is to contribute to the continuous evolution of Midnight, the PayFit design system, to make the PayFit product scalable with the best-in-class user experience.
Some Midnight highlights:
- Currently in its first stable version (v1)
- Around 60 components are regularly used by product teams in production
- Cross-platform and multiple targets support: web + native (Android and iOS)
As Lead Frontend Engineer, you will drive the frontend strategy across PayFit and own significant chunks of our frontend architecture. You will also own the Design System (Midnight) and drive its roadmap in collaboration with the design team.
You will be responsible for:
- Collaborating on the frontend strategy at PayFit
- Designing frontend architecture and collaborate on architecture RFCs
- Promoting best practices within your team & the engineering organization
- Owning and driving, as a part of our team bi-force Design x Engineering, our design system
=> Consolidating and maintaining the design system ecosystem (the documentation, monitoring tool, design system playground, ...)
=> Driving the design system development by reviewing your teammates code, digging into bugs and feature requests, managing breaking change in a gracefully way, monitoring our asset consumption...
- Collaborating with product teams to build new features with minimal effort
- Managing and mentoring two frontend engineers in the Design system (midnight)
- Fostering and strengthening our rituals and processes such as inner sourcing, team alignment, communication...
- Driving and fostering collaboration on the Midnight roadmap definition through dedicated team rituals
- Architecting (API design) and developing sustainable frontend solutions based on end-user and team needs
- Hiring & managing FE Engineers to drive our growth
This job has been tailored for you if
You have the following qualities :
- At least 5 years of frontend development experience in a professional environment
- Managing & growing a team of software engineers
- You architect maintainable, efficient and high-quality code: continuous integration and deployment, API design, component (re)usability and interoperability, code refactoring, documentation, performance, semantic versioning, ... are not extraneous for you
- Designing and driving complex architectural decisions across teams
- A team spirit and sharing mindset "If you want to go fast, go alone. If you want to go far, go together"
- You value collaboration with Product designers to deliver the best-in-class user experience
- You are a doer with a creative force and a high attention to detail: strive for the highest quality with an iterative approach mindset
- Receptive to feedback, to be mentored and mentor. We're caring and make sure that everyone can grow. You will be empowered. You will empower others.
- You speak english fluently and you want to work in an international and dynamic environment
We would be even more impressed if :
- You have knowledge or experience of building or consuming design systems
- You have experience with the React-Native framework and Micro-frontend architecture
- You are familiar with the CSS-in-JS paradigm
- You are familiar with code bundling tools (webpack, rollup)
- You have knowledge of Data structures and design patterns
- You know what an AST (Abstract Syntax Tree) is and are curious about code analysis tools
- You have UI/UX sensitivity and want to learn more about design processes/tools and develop your design thinking
- You are familiar with responsive/adaptive concepts and web accessibility basics (code semantic, screen reader compliant, keyboard navigation...)
What we offer
- An international and dynamic team with the opportunity to visit our different offices (Paris, Berlin, Barcelona, London, Milan)
- A work from anywhere policy to allow you flexibility in regards to where and when you want to work
- 150 euros equipment budget to comfortably work from home
- A gym at our Paris office and a Gymlib membership with preferential rates
- Restaurant tickets card (Swile)
- 20 weeks of maternity leave supported by PayFit and 4 weeks of partner leave (Signed the Parental Act)
- Health insurance (supported to 60% by PayFit)
- One day per year dedicated to volunteer for an association
- A fulfilling and inclusive workplace, offering equal opportunities for any minority, disability, gender identity and sexual orientation. Don’t forget: everyone fits at PayFit!
- Validation of the application
- 1st interview : Joris, Talent Acquisition
- 2nd interview : François, Engineering Director
- 3rd interview : Sylvie, Designer
- 4th interview : Nicolas & Yann, Engineers
- 5th interview : Amal, VP Engineer
- Background check to verify your identity, diploma and past professional experience in the context of your ISO27001 certification