Do you want to drive the front-end development of web and mobile applications that will help change the face of healthcare, empower what will be the largest workforce in the United States by 2020, and reduce healthcare costs for millions of consumers? Are you bored of working on technologies that just help others consume more, better, faster?
An entire generation of elderly, our parents and grandparents, are at risk of institutionalization in their later years because no one has found a way to safely and cost-effectively keep them at home. At Hometeam, we’re focused on changing all that. Through the use of innovative technology, we are educating and empowering home health aids who in turn provide real-time observations that enable insights to empower Hometeam and our healthcare partners to improve health outcomes.
As a core member of Hometeam’s technology organization, you will be responsible for driving product and feature delivery and quality.
We’re looking for someone who has the proven ability to accomplish this with direct hands-on ownership. A relentless commitment to revolutionizing healthcare and excitement to take on new challenges is a must. We want someone with the talent, creativity, and leadership to continue pushing the boundaries of deeply personal and empathetic engagement.
A Day in the Life
- Work closely with product management and stakeholders.
- Support front-end architectural design and technical decision making
- Improve reliability, stability, and scalability of the applications you work on.
- Report on progress, obstacles, and technical risks to scrum team
- Support and mentor team members who are blocked, code review and comment to ensure that consistent and consistently high quality code is the result of development efforts.
-- Breakdown work into manageable components, consistently delivering incremental value
- Collaborate across teams. We win or lose as a company.
- Code. Every day.
- Have at least 4+ years of engineering experience
- Bilingual in English & Spanish
- A strong understanding of web application development.
- You seek simple approaches to complex problems and practice disciplined software engineering (e.g. automated testing, code reviews, and write readable and reliable code)
- A keen eye for good design and the ability to think through complex UX problems
- Ability to make educated decisions when adding new libraries / tools to the stack.
- Successful startup experience and / or scaling a business is strongly desired.
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Engineering, and/or related technical or scientific fields
Bonus points if you have any of the following:
- Have Java knowledge or any other backend language.
- You have a good understanding of relational databases like PostgreSQL.
- Have experience working remote or with remote teams.