Lingokids' mission is to break down language barriers and provide equal opportunities for kids all around the world, while we aim to help parents and caregivers to follow up on the progress and achievements of their children.
To help deliver our educational content to millions of families, we’re looking for a Frontend Engineer to work on our Core Experience squad.
At Lingokids we encourage candidates of all different backgrounds and identities to apply. We actively seek to hire individuals with different perspectives and we are eager to continue diversifying our company's culture. We strive to be an inclusive, supportive place where you can do the best work of your career.
Our offices are in Madrid, Spain but the position is open to anyone with experience working remotely. Some overlap with Central European Time is expected though, for those times when a video call is the most efficient way to communicate.
About the job:
As a Frontend Engineer, you will work in the Core Experience squad, building and maintaining features that children all over the world will enjoy. More specifically, you will:
- Design, build, and maintain features focused on children.
- Participate in different areas in the development process, build the app's UI and connect it with our API with the help of the rest of the squad.
- Work with the rest of the squad by bringing new fresh ideas on how we could improve the process and the infrastructure of the app.
- Work closely with UX and designers to translate static designs into code and improve our design system components.
- Have full ownership of the tasks and communicate with the squad towards finishing the work.
- Learn by reviewing the code of other mobile engineers towards increasing the quality and robustness of the app’s code.
The ideal teammate for us would be someone who believes that communication, empathy, inquisitiveness, and open-mindedness are fundamental to being successful in any endeavor.
You should have:
- Relentlessness in finding simple, elegant solutions to complex problems.
- Understanding of how apps communicate with APIs.
- Attention to details and provide solid and scalable solutions to improve the code base.
- A self-driven approach to learning new technologies and moving features forward.
We consider the following as nice to have:
- Experience in creating, fixing, maintaining, and expanding mobile apps.
- Knowledge of CSS layout (flexbox, grid)
- Experience with Android / iOS native development.
- Experience with TypeScript.
English is a must. We are a multicultural team and we are providing a service in English so, we don't care about certificates but we expect you to be able to communicate fluently.
You should feel equally comfortable communicating in long-form writing. Given the circumstances, we have become a fully remote company and we are firm believers that being articulate in both spoken and written long-form asynchronous communication is key to working efficiently together.If you think you don't tick all the boxes, we'd still love to hear from you. Nobody checks every box, and we are looking for someone excited to join the team.