If you love to build, tinker and create with a team of trusted colleagues, then Worldreader is the place for you.
This full-time position reports to our Engineering Manager within the Technology department, and will also work closely with the Communications team.
* Own the front-end of our web applications/tools
* Maintain and improve our Wordpress based website
* Implement new UI and UX features from initial design through delivery
* Work with users, product management, and designers to define what they
want, what they need and what can be delivered
* Continuously learn and master the latest industry standards and technology
* Juggle multiple responsibilities and projects at once, while still focusing on the
top priority at any given time
* 4+ years of Web application development experience
* 2+ years of front-end development experience
* 1+ years Wordpress site maintenance and theme development
* Good understanding of front-end best practices
* Expert in HTML5 and CSS
* Experience with react.js (preferred), Angular or similar framework
* Rely on tests to ensure code quality
* Familiar with the Wordpress ecosystem and plugins
* Strong English skills
Nice to Have
* Mobile web design experience
* Familiarity with AWS and/or Azure
* Familiarity with responsive website design best practices
* Familiarity with HTML email design
* Experience designing and creating Single-Page Applications
* Experience with Less and/or Sass
Compensation and Benefits
In addition to competitive salaries, we offer our staff:
# professional development and training,
# opportunities to travel internationally,
# flexible schedules to accommodate for our international presence, and
# the opportunity to work with talented and passionate people committed to a
world where everyone is a reader.
How To Apply
Please email your cover letter, resume to HR@worldreader.org with the subject “Front-end Developer.” PDFs only and no phone calls, please.
Official website, founding date, employees, how did it all begin... Do you know the whole story?Tell Us!