Omnidrone is a rapidly-growing start-up partnered with top US publisher Scopely to make the next generation of hit mobile games. Based in the heart of Barcelona with the Mediterranean and the Sagrada Familia on either side, Omnidrone is bringing together the best and brightest game makers in the world to create unforgettable player experiences.
We are looking for passionate and talented artists who are motivated, results-oriented and strong team players with a common objective of delivering high quality products.
What will you do?
- Translate a visual reference into VFX art with an implementation
- Create assets in line with the project's artistic and technical direction; deliver exceptional quality VFX
- Create great particle effects, complex mobile shader effects and optimized textures
- Integrate UI, Environment, and Character, VFX assets in the game engine
- Work with technical artists and engineers to implement and trigger your assets accordingly
- Profile and streamline VFX assets for the mobile platform
- Review creative and technical processes to identify opportunities for overall efficiency
- Solve challenging technical issues in the VFX asset pipeline
- Collaborate with engineers and testers to diagnose and resolve in-game problems
- Inspire and empower the VFX team to optimize their assets and processes
What will you need?
- 6+ years experience as VFX Artist for the games industry
- 3+ years experience working on mobile games for Android and/or iOS
- 3+ years experience developing VFX in Unity
- Experience with shader development in game engines
- Ability to work with and create technical documentation
- Proficient in Photoshop and VFX mesh creation in Autodesk Maya or other DCC
- Good bilingual knowledge (English/Spanish)
- Good artistic skills (proportion, color, composition)
- Self-motivated and proactive
- Positive attitude and a genuine team player
- A great ability to think creatively to overcome technical challenges
- Attention to detail, meticulous and organised working habits.
What makes you a rockstar?
- Knowledge of Adobe After Effects
- Experience creating assets (high/low-poly modelling, unwrapping, baking, texturing)
- Professional experience with diverse game editors and engines
- Passion for videogames and extensive knowledge of different game genre
- Possess basic drawing skills for sketching movements, flows and designs