Pennylane is building the financial OS (Operating System) for European SMEs. A single source of truth for financial data, used on one side by entrepreneurs to run their business (invoicing and getting paid, paying suppliers and expense management, piloting cash and profitability) and on the other side by their accountant for bookkeeping and fiscal declarations.
Saving time to all entrepreneurs and accountants, helping them to make the right decisions and enabling 3rd parties to offer added-value personalised financial services.
We’ve launched in France and will expand to other markets in Continental Europe in 2022. Our commercial website is thus in French only but the code is obviously documented in English and our tech team speaks English.
We’re product-led, growing fast, backed by strong investors and are starting to hire software engineers anywhere in Europe, to join our experienced remote-first engineering team.
👪 Team and context
The tech team is divided into 10 squads, each squad being led by a Team Lead working with a PM and a Product Designer and composed of 5 to 8 developers (Frontend, Backend and Full-stack). As we scale and increase the number of Squads, we are looking for Team Leads to help us drive and mentor those squads.
Pennylane is based in Paris but our tech team is remote-first. You can work from anywhere in Europe. The team meets in Paris a few days every two months.
- Manage a team of 5 to 8 Software Engineers
- Be an individual contributor for the team (around 50% of your time)
- Collaborate with the product manager to make sure our standards in terms of quality and efficiency are respected but also that there is a good mood and that everybody is fulfilled in their job
- Identify our developers' key strengths and areas of improvement to help them grow
- Collaborate with the other Engineering Managers and Team Leads to set up the appropriate process as the team grows
✨ What's exciting about our project ?
- The vision: We want to change the life of thousands of entrepreneurs throughout Europe with our solution
- The ambition: We are scaling at a very rapid pace and we want to become one of the fintech leaders within 2-3 years
- The learning curve: We have great tech mentors and experienced engineers whom you can share with and learn from everyday
- The product: Two years after its launch, our solution has received outstanding feedback from our users, and we still have so much to build and offer!
- The environment: We do our best to develop a culture based on trust, autonomy, and benevolence so you can feel like you're in the right place
🥇 You’re the right candidate if…
- You have at least 5 years of experience in software development, using Ruby on Rails.
- You have at least 1 year of experience in management.
- You’re a team player and have experience working in an agile environment.
- You have empathy for your users and want to change their lives and you are pragmatic.
🎁 What we offer
- Competitive package + Company shares
- Apple Hardware
- Budget to work from a coworking space or buy equipment to work from home
- Monthly remote events and one offsite with the whole company once a year
- First call with a Technical Recruiter
- Technical assessment and debriefing with Thierry (cofounder)
- Interview with Quentin (co-founder and CTO)
Encouraging diversity in all its forms, Pennylane strives to offer an inclusive, caring and fulfilling work environment in our offices and remotely. We provide equal opportunities and consideration regardless of background, origin, gender, religion, sexual orientation or handicap.