Do you want to help build a world-class institution from the region, experience the thrill of being part of a high-growth technology company, and improve people lives?
Careem is the MENA regions leading ride-hailing service and newest Tech Unicorn. With 30% monthly growth, we now operate in 90+ cities across 13+ countries and host over 15 million users. With our recent Series D funding success, we are positioned on the cusp of significant scale and well on target to deliver our goal of creating one million jobs in the region by 2018. Read more about us here and here.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
You will lead a team of amazing engineers to improve the developer experience for engineers at Careem. You will partner with engineering leaders across Careem to ensure alignment about engineering challenges and opportunities.
- Lead a team of software engineers in implementing high quality services including design, development, and deployment of new business functionality.
- Be an individual contributor on our engineering team. Our engineering managers spend ~50% of their time actively contributing to the code base.
- Allocate available resources to meet operating objectives. Interacts with direct reports, customers and peers to share information and improve cross-departmental processes.
- Strong ability to coach developers, helping them improve their skills and grow their careers
- Encourages and supports others to take on responsibility, authority, and accountability.
- You have strong software engineering skills with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms, software design and OOP
- Working knowledge of at least one of these Java, C++, Python.
- Deep understanding of how to build scalable distributed systems
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience.
- You’ll have several years of serving in either an engineering management role or a senior engineering team lead role.
- Demonstrate ability to run and improve technical development processes
- Competitive salary and equity shares
- 25 working days annual leave
- Entrepreneurial working environment
- Flexible working arrangements
- Mentorship and career growth