We are a security company and Auth0's Security team is in the privileged position of supporting a security-first culture for a company that wants to make the internet safer. Customer Trust is essential for our product, and we support the Product Delivery team’s goal to be secure by design.
We’re looking for an Engineering Manager to work within our Product Security function to lead our Security Assurance team in their efforts to build a scalable security assurance platform & automation. The ideal candidate is someone who is passionate in optimization of security assurance practices with effective automation, strategic approach for vulnerability management and not intimidated by cross-organization coordination and collaboration.
What You Will Do
- Take ownership over building and leading the Security Assurance team, steering technical direction & Roadmap, architectural design decisions
- Understand the security assurance landscape including leading security vendors of the industry, tools, solutions, techniques, and processes
- Identify operational optimization in vulnerability management with effective automation & establish meaningful metrics for security assurance practices
- Drive an expansion of our Vulnerability Management Strategy, integrating and automating the industry’s best tools. Shifting the security process left and reducing friction.
- Continually tune and grow our Bug Bounty program
- Benchmarking Security Engineering initiatives against industry standards ( OWASP SAMMv2 / BSIMM 12) and identifying strategic initiatives to meet the same.
What You Will Bring
- Natural leadership instincts with proven ability to innovate
- Exceptional technical experience in the software security domain, combined with an understanding of the challenges in delivering Enterprise-scale software products
- A track record of improving the security posture of complex SaaS products
- A focus on using security metrics and risk management to guide our program and apply our resources efficiently.
- Working knowledge of SAST, DAST, and/or Penetration Testing Tools and end-to-end understanding of SDLC
- Proficient in Web Application Security, OWASP
- Excellent communicator and have comfort managing a remote, globally distributed team.
Okta’s Top 5 Core Leadership Competencies are part of the deeply ingrained principles that guide all of our company’s actions. They also align strongly to our cultural cornerstones, our Okta values: love our customers, empower our people, never stop innovating, act with integrity, and maintain transparency. It’s our expectation that our managers and leaders embody these core competencies:
- Builds Effective Teams: Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Demonstrates Self-Awareness (EQ): Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
- Develops Talent: Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization’s goals.
- Drives Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Strategic Mindset: Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies.
Okta is the leading independent provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud enables organizations to securely connect the right people to the right technologies at the right time. With over 7,000 pre-built integrations to applications and infrastructure providers, Okta customers can easily and securely use the best technologies for their business. More than 14,000 organizations, including JetBlue, Nordstrom, Siemens, Slack, T-Mobile, Takeda, Teach for America, and Twilio, trust Okta to help protect the identities of their workforces and customers.
Okta is committed to complying with applicable data privacy and security laws and regulations.