Engineering Manager - Pricing in Madrid
More than 20 years ago, zooplus was one of the first to bring the pet category into the world of eCommerce. Today, we stand strong as Europe’s leading online pet platform, delivering moments of happiness to more than 9 million pet parents each year.
Hello! We are looking for an Engineering Manager role to lead, support and drive the engineering teams in our Pricing and Yield Management Product Area.
You will be responsible for the effective Product Delivery of several cross-located Product Teams in a specific Product Area as part of Zooplus Product Delivery Organization.
In alignment and close collaboration with the respective Area Product Owners (APO‘s) and Area Architects (AA‘s), you will actively contribute to the definition of the Product Area vision, strategy and roadmap, by representing the “People, Process & Capacity” perspective, while the APO is representing the ”What” and the AA the “Technical How”. Therefore, you will share accountability of the outcome of the Product Area together with the APO & AA.
Our success relies in keeping intrinsically motivated engineering teams, and as Engineering Manager, you will be a key role to ensure this keep happening.
Responsibilities & Key Tasks:
Product Delivery & Management
- Align with the Area Product Owner and Area Architect to plan and prepare a product delivery roadmap by contributing the appropriate tech know-how and process experience to ensure a successful delivery
- By seeking advice from the Area Architect, assure that the teams are following the necessary Architectural principles and Technical Roadmaps thereby ensuring most efficient and effective Product Delivery
- Ensure the costs for your Product Area (Infrastructure & Cloud, Consulting, Licenses, …) are managed and actively planned & controlled
Process - Communication, Collaboration & Learning Culture
- Promote cross-location & cross-area collaboration and ensure frequent alignment with fellow Area Delivery Managers and the Heads of Product Delivery
- Identify, align & request QA tools, procedures and resources with the Chapter Lead – QA to ensure the appropriate utilization by your teams
- Identify, align & request Agile Coaching methods, tools and resources with the Chapter Lead – Agile Coaching
- Ensure that your Area is aware of z+ overall strategies & guidelines which you actively help to define and establish
People & Leadership
- Apply the role of servant leader and lead by example
- Responsibility to create a psychologically safe environment thereby creating an inspiring, fun and failure-tolerant work environment
- Lead Engineers & Tech Leads and regularly collect and provide 360° feedback (personal & professional)
- Drive the process to ensure that the engineers in the area are focused in the actual goals of the area at any time, avoiding that allocated capacity determines the focus priority
- Drive the process for hiring the best engineering talent that required in the area
- Align and consult with HR & Legal regarding relevant internal and external rules, compliance, regulations and procedures that apply for your location
- At least 2-4 years of experience in managing software engineering teams and/or team leads
- Technical background & knowledge of Software Engineering frameworks
- Sound knowledge of Agile software delivery fundamentals
- E-commerce experience
- Excellent communication and self-organization skills
- Ability to collaborate with different stakeholders across multiple locations
- Fluent knowledge of English (spoken and written)
With more than 1,000 passionate professionals located across 10 European offices, we believe our success comes from working together and leveraging our international strengths. Expect to work in a hybrid environment, collaborating with colleagues in different locations remotely or face-to-face at the office.
🐾 20% discount in our zooplus shop
📖 Internal and external training
🎈 Team events
✈️ 28 Annual Vacation Days
🩺 Private Medical Health Insurance
⏰ Hybrid working model (up to 60% remote) and flexible entry from 7:00 to 10:00
Want to know more? Learn more about who we are and what we do and visit our LinkedIn company profile.
zooplus is committed to equal opportunity. We value and embrace diversity and inclusion of all Team Members.