Eventbrite is seeking an Engineering Manager to join us in our mission to bring the world together through live experiences. Last year alone, our platform processed over 150 million tickets across over 3 million events organized by our creators. In this role, you’ll have the opportunity to build beautiful, responsive, delightful, and intuitive user interfaces that our creators and attendees are excited to use every day.
We're a people-focused Engineering organization: the women and men on our team value working together in small teams to solve big problems, supporting an active culture of mentorship and inclusion, and pushing themselves to learn new things daily. Pair programming, weekly demos, tech talks, and quarterly hackathons are at the core of how we’ve built our team and product. We believe in engaging with the community, regularly hosting free events with some of the top technical speakers, and actively contributing to open source software (check out Britecharts as an example!). Our technology spans across web, mobile, API, big data, machine learning, search, physical point of sale, and scanning systems.
As a Engineering Manager at Eventbrite, your focus is the development of our number one asset - our people. At Eventbrite, we put our Britelings first. You will support the career growth of our engineers, and continue to drive change and improvement within our organization. As a leader, you will support your team by providing context and connecting your team members with Eventbrite’s mission.
- Manage a team of software engineers
- Improve efficiency and velocity for those teams
- Drive change effectively across our organization
- Have constant communication with the leadership team
- Take ownership of career development for high performing engineers
- Drive innovation in processes and strategies throughout your business unit
- Influence the strategic direction of the Team. Tactical influence over systems, priorities, and trade-offs
- Lead your team to success on important initiatives even during times of frequent distractions and conflicting guidance from above
- 3+ years experience in engineering leadership and people management
- Strong technical background (+6 years) and ability to contribute to design and architectural discussions - coach first, player second
- Demonstrated ability to grow and lead high-functioning engineering teams
- Experience in recruiting a well-rounded, diverse technical team
- Experience working with a highly collaborative environment, driving a team who ships code to production often
- Focus on culture and leadership
- Develop a sustainable, healthy work environment which is both encouraging and challenging
WHAT TO EXPECT
- A Company focus on talent development
- Eventbrite full compensation & Perks plan.
- Share options.
- Health & Wellness Program.
- Remote work policy.
- Flexible work schedule.
- Professional development & training paths.
- English speaking company.
- International Career options.
- A young dynamic team with a ‘let's make it happen’ mentality.
- Team lunches and team offsites.
- Lots of fancy snacks, fruits, drinks & happy hours.
- A family-friendly environment.
- Lunch at the office
- Pet friendly
- Travel options to meet with your colleagues in San Francisco and other offices around the globe.
Eventbrite is a global self-service ticketing and experience technology platform that serves a community of nearly one million event creators in over 180 countries. Since inception, Eventbrite has been at the center of the experience economy, transforming the way people organize and attend events. The Eventbrite platform provides an intuitive, secure, and reliable service that enables creators to plan and execute their live and online events, whether it's an annual culinary festival attracting thousands of foodies, a professional webinar, a weekly yoga workshop or a youth dance class. With over 300 million tickets distributed to more than 4 million experiences in 2019, Eventbrite is where people all over the world discover new things to do or new ways to do more of what they love.
Eventbrite is committed to equality of opportunity for all staff, and applications from all suitably qualified individuals are encouraged, regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.