JustPark is looking for an Engineering Manager to lead our engineering teams, and help us take our productivity to the next level. Our team is small but growing and you'll be helping us drive to scale and optimise our offering, launching internationally and develop new products and services.
JustPark is reinventing parking for the digital age. Our mission is to make parking easy - helping drivers save time, avoid stress and enjoy an easy journey every time. Our award-winning apps help drivers find a space in seconds, whenever and wherever they need it - and even lets them reserve and pay effortlessly at 20,000+ locations.
JustPark is one of UK’s most exciting and fast-growing startups backed by investment from BMW, LocalGlobe (CityMapper) and Index Ventures (Zoopla, Just Eat, Deliveroo) and also the support and investment from our own customers as part of two huge equity crowdfunding rounds - a record-breaking £3.7m in 2015 and a further £2.8m in December 2017.
Winners of Sir Richard Branson’s Pitch to Rich competition and chosen as one of WIRED’s hottest European startups, JustPark’s award-winning service is trusted by over 1.5 million drivers - with the highest-rated apps and fastest payments in the sector.
As an Engineering Manager at JustPark you will:
- Lead our growing engineering team through coaching, mentoring, career development and hiring.
- Work closely with senior engineers and product management to shape how product is delivered, refining out processes and optimising our output.
- Guide prioritisation of DevOps, infrastructure and tooling work to improve efficiency and stability.
- Drive the team to excel in the best engineering practices.
- Be a beacon of positivity; fostering a healthy, happy and content engineering team that is aligned on JustPark's vision.
We would like you to have the following skills and experience:
- 1 year leading a software engineering team to a very high standard.
- You have a passion for software engineering and are up to date with best practises.
- You have been a part of a team delivering software following the agile methodology.
- Previous experience in a hands-on software role where you were writing production-quality code.
- Excellent communication with both technical and non-technical employees
- Ability to inspire and motivate others whether it’s regarding sprint delivery, line management, coaching or mentoring.
- Experience in adapting processes to the ever changing needs of teams.
It's a bonus if you have experience with:
- E-commerce or marketplace businesses.
- Mobile app development.
- Steering a team through a period of rapid growth.
- Competitive salary.
- Free lunch every day, cooked by our in-house chef (check out her Instagram: whatsjuliecooking)
- Comprehensive stock options.
- Generous holiday package.
- Flexible working - our normal working hours are 9 to 6 but we trust you to manage your time if something different works for you.
- Brand new Macbook Pro or Windows laptop.
- Generous training opportunities.
- Quarterly team Away Days.