Are you an experienced manager with a passion for supporting engineers and nurturing their career growth? We'd love to talk to you about managing the team of engineers that handle the New Relic Infrastructure Product (the core User Experience and associated services).
The responsibilities of this team include:
- Developing the customer-focused UI components, data visualization, APIs, and associated front-end and back-end services that implement the foundation product our customers interact with when using New Relic Infrastructure
- Building the testing, automation, deployment, monitoring, and dashboards needed to build, test, maintain, and operate 24 hours a day the programs the team is responsible for
- Working closely with our other New Relic Infrastructure teams that build the data capture, ingest, processing, and storage of all of the data sources we support
What will set you apart?
- SaaS experience
- Love of operations, DevOps, monitoring, data, and great product experiences
- Hands-on technical management style, a willingness to look at some code and get involved in the details, paired with excellent judgement
- Project management experience
- Experience managing high performing self-directed teams
- Experience to hiring, growing and retaining top talent
- Competitive salary
- Equity compensation plan
- Performance reviews twice a year
- Work-life balance and flexible schedule
- An amazing and fun work environment
- Private health insurance for you and your family, including dental coverage
- English and Spanish language classes
- Office located in the center of Barcelona, very close to public transportation
- We provide ergonomic furniture (chairs, desks…) to keep you healthy and comfy
- Fresh fruits, snacks, and beverages
- We support technical meetups, both local and international
The most successful managers here act with drive and urgency, yet always take the time to listen and to do the right thing. They constantly seek new ways to explain, coach, teach, and bring out the best in others.
The best person for the job won't necessarily be the one with the most technical chops but will be the person who can best coach engineers and collaborates with multiple teams to ship great software. We look forward to talking with you!
To fast-track your resume, tell us about your management philosophy in your cover letter and give examples of your role in delivering software with a team. And, of course, we want to hear why you might be particularly interested in New Relic.
We’re hiring at all experience levels, and we’re particularly interested in having a diverse team with a broad set of skills and viewpoints. We carefully consider every applicant that takes the time to apply.
Please note, this position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
At New Relic, we hire people who are eager to contribute to our culture, and we empower them to do just that. We take pride in thinking beyond our day-to-day job descriptions and encourage you to actively seek out opportunities to create the type of work environment that you want to be a part of. What does this look like in action? You should be ready to be a “culture add” to New Relic and spend ~5% of your time finding meaningful ways to make this an even better place to work.
A little about us:
New Relic provides the real-time insights that software-driven businesses need to innovate faster. New Relic’s cloud platform makes every aspect of modern software and infrastructure observable, so companies can find and fix problems faster, build high-performing DevOps teams, and speed up transformation projects. Learn why more than 50% of the Fortune 100 trust New Relic at newrelic.com.
We provide challenging work, opportunities to learn, high-quality teammates, a standard-setting product, and a company on the move. This position is in our Barcelona office, which was established in October 2014 with our acquisition of Ducksboard, a privately held startup.
This is a unique opportunity to work at a startup within a NYSE company where the entire office fits around the lunch table. We are passionate about data visualizations in real time, APIs, intuitive UX and beautiful design. We have no dogma but do whatever makes sense to deliver state of the art products.
Very interested but not sure if you’re the right fit? Don’t be shy, click on the link below to send your resume with a cover letter. We look forward to hearing from you!
About New Relic