Bitpanda is a European digital investment platform. Founded in 2014 in Vienna, Austria by Eric Demuth, Paul Klanschek and Christian Trummer, Bitpanda believes that everyone should have access to the tools that remove the barriers that stand between people and their financial goals, empowering them to invest in what they want, when they want. We are Austria’s first unicorn start-up, with more than 500 team members, over 2.7 million users, multiple “Best Startup of the Year” awards and we’re one of Europe's fastest-growing fintechs. Our talented team works across international offices in Vienna and Krakow. We are looking for great people who are ready to make an impact, right from day one. And the best part? As we continue to expand our global footprint, we’re now also hiring in the UK, Germany, France, Spain, Turkey, Italy and Poland. Invest in your future and join us on our mission to change the way the world views investing.
As an Engineering Manager at Bitpanda, you will primarily be responsible for leading your team and successfully contributing to the development of our products and services. You will play a key role in the growth and development of your colleagues by acting as both a mentor and coach.
About the team
At Bitpanda, we develop our products and services in smaller teams which specialise in specific parts of the business. You will lead a cross-functional team of 5-8 engineers with complementary skill sets who will be part of a product slice and contribute to the slice’s mission and product roadmap.
What you’ll do
- Lead, grow, and inspire your team to perform at the highest level and successfully deliver their best output in a fast-paced environment
- Plan and execute strategically- important projects with a variety of stakeholders across different business units
- Identify potential roadblocks and dependencies ahead of time and develop long- term and sustainable solutions
- Closely work together with our Heads of Engineering to build and further develop your team and the overall Engineering area together
- Ensure the collaboration of managed teams across different engineering teams/offices and adheres to the defined global engineering best practices
- Regularly report to key stakeholders on your progress and current status
- Evaluate business opportunities and build consensus for decisions
- Provide clear, actionable feedback and support team member’s growth and development
- Perform regular 1:1 with your team members to develop career plans and goals Help your team to maintain resilience in periods of change and ambiguity
What we’re looking for
- You have a BSc in Information Systems, Computer Engineering or aa similar relevant field
- Ability to lead teams effectively and provide guidance in ambiguous situationsYou have the ability to influence technical discussions and are able to contribute to the development and future growth of software engineers
- Experience in a leadership role with demonstrated deep knowledge of the development of digital products, all the way from experimentation to continuous improvement in an agile environment
- Experience in communicating business requirements to different stakeholders outside the Engineering area
- Capability to perform regular performance reviews and derive new development goals or improvement strategies
- Hands-on personality, self-driven, somebody who likes to be involved rather sitting on the sidelines
- You are highly collaborative, focused on building relationships across all departments
- An ability and interest in working in a fast-paced and rapidly-changing environment
- Proficiency with Confluence and JIRA tools
- Knowledgeable in Agile methodologies (Kanban or Scrum)
- Advanced knowledge of English
What we offer:
- Competitive salary
- Individual stock option plan
- Exclusive premiums when trading on Bitpanda
- Learning and Development budget/possibilities
- Flexible working hours
- Latest hardware
- Lunch discount
- Regular team events and a yearly team trip
- Sustainable merch
And more benefits to come...
Do you like what you’re reading and want to find out more? We look forward to meeting you! Please submit your application in English.