Medallia is the pioneer and market leader in Experience Management. Our award-winning SaaS platform, Medallia Experience Cloud, leads the market in the understanding and management of experience for candidates, customers, employees, patients, citizens and residents.
We are more than a software company. We want to be known as a company that does the right thing, no matter the challenge or controversy. We are committed to creating a culture that values every person and every experience. Individual life experiences shape the way we interact with the world, which is why we encourage people to bring their whole selves to work each day. The strength of our global workforce is the most significant contributor to our success.
We believe: Every Experience Matters. Talent is Everywhere. All Belong Here.
At Medallia, we hire the whole person.
As our Engineering Manager, you will lead a team of experienced Engineers, responsible for all aspects of the software development cycle, including design and development for the end-user. You will be leading both FE and BE developers, working closely with Product, Professional Services and Support.
The Product you are responsible for has live customers working with Big data and conducting ETL on a large scale, enterprise data security, and custom query processing requirements. The Product is used by customers located in global markets and has 24/7 uptime.
Our ideal profile is someone who has hands-on experience in Java Server-Side Development, using Object-Oriented Design, design patterns, and Databases. Has the ability to understand the complexity of working with massive amounts of data, and to find the most efficient ways to process the data that flows into the system.
The front-end application is developed with React and Angular. Hands-on expertise in Front end technologies is desirable. You will also work closely with Quality Assurance, Release Planning, Deployments, and Production support including feature enablement for customers globally.
This job requires a critical mind with sharp attention to detail and a commitment to owning the end-to-end planning, design, and delivery of features for a complex product. You will also work with engineering teams in other regions to develop the right integrations.
- BSc in Computer Science, Computer Engineering
- Strong understanding of Java with at least 5 years of Java programming experience
- Experience with NoSQL databases: Couchbase/Redis/Cassandra/mongoKnowledge of SQL Database: Postgres and MySQL
- Hands-on knowledge of Network topology, High availability, Performance analysis and tuning
- Knowledge of SQL and query processing is required
- Experience with AWS or Google Cloud
- Experience with BigQuery required Experience with Apache Spark, Kafka, Kubernetes is desirable
- Experience in developing ReactJS framework and Angular for web/mobile. - Advantage
- Experience leading backend and frontend engineering group
- Excellent communication skills, A team player with a "Can Do" Attitude
- A passion for building products and helping people, both customers and colleagues
- Passionate about technology enjoys solving complex problems and learning new technologies
At Medallia, we celebrate diversity and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity is afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other protected category. We also consider all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Medallia is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities in accordance with the American Disabilities Act and local disability laws.