For us, mission is possible. We change the unchangeable healthcare experience for millions of patients and their doctors around the world. With fierce passion, absorbing inspiration and radiating ideas.We are entrepreneurs. We define goals, have autonomy and space to experiment. We are not afraid to fail. We believe in feedback and honesty delivered kindly.We love what we do. Together.
Want to learn more about Docplanner Tech? Find out: https://bit.ly/3xwnSAk
We’re looking for an Engineering Manager to join our Tech team.
The challenge is as enormous as the scale and style of the whole DocPlanner undertaking - we are the world's leading marketplace for doctors and patients, enabling booking and management of doctor's offices (SaaS model). We are a leader in 11 countries, creating a tool for over 100k active doctors. What is more, 61.9 mln unique patients are visiting our website each month. Last month, 4.8 mln medical visits were booked on our website. We have seven offices around the world and our team consists of over 1000 people.
Three words that describe this role:
Passion - Our most important value is "do what you love.” We're looking for people passionate about software engineering and leadership, but also learning every day. Passion is making people stay with us for long - our turnover in the Tech team is under 10%!
Autonomy - We have both company and product goals but how you achieve them is your call. Moreover, your ideas and projects are more than welcome.
Entrepreneurship - Teams function like startups, which makes you and your whole team entrepreneurs.
What will you do with us?
- Manage a group of 10-12 engineers and be responsible for the growth and happiness of the team members.
- Support engineers, set expectations, provide regular feedback & keep team members accountable.
- Help them create a career plan and follow up on it.
- Be actively involved in hiring and growing our engineering team with the Talent Acquisition team.
- Improve hiring and onboarding processes.
- Develop a strong bi-directional loop where you share organizational context and build an understanding of how the engineers work.
- Maintain a strong and up-to-date understanding of the challenges and opportunities your team is facing.
- Support engineers and help reach a resolution when challenges arise.
- Craft a fulfilling and engaging work experience through regular career growth and development conversation.
- Work together with our HRBP and Team leaders to maintain and improve a strong culture of success, engagement, and happiness in our teams.
- Help keeping the culture and values inside our engineering team.
What experience and skills do you need to do a great job in this position?
- Experience leading engineering teams (preferred work experience in scale up companies).
- Passionate about people, and improving the environment in which they work.
- Experience growing, coaching, mentoring and providing feedback to team members including having had difficult conversations.
- Profound understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle.
You will get in return:
- 💶 Competitive salary adequate to your experience and skills.
- ⚕️ Private healthcare plan.
- ✌ 23 free paid days.
- 🎉 Additional paid holiday on your birthday/work anniversary to celebrate with your loved ones or to have a self-care day!
- 📈 Share options plan after 6 months working with us.
- ✈️ Relocation package (from a different city or country).
- 🇬🇧 Free English/Spanish classes.
- Flexible working hours (plot twist: this is true).
- 💪 Access to hundreds of gyms in Barcelona for a symbolic fee in partnership with andjoy .
- ⛱️ Summer every dayschedule everyday of July and August.
Important: Our recruitment team is international, representing various nationalities. Therefore, please be sure to send your CV in English.
Psst. Do you know that our Candidate Experience score is over 8.5 out of 10? We do our best to keep the quality of our recruitment processes high!
Want to see how life at Docplanner Tech is and what to expect? Take a look at our pages to get a better idea:
You can also join our community by signing up for our Newsletter.