Kantox is a leading fintech company developing sophisticated Currency Management Automation software solutions that help companies to automate their foreign exchange processes and leverage currencies for growth
We are a 120-person strong team, split between London and Barcelona. So far, we’ve raised over €30 million and became profitable in 2018. Thanks to our clients, we continue to grow at a fast pace. Over 6500 clients in 74 countries have already exchanged more than USD $15 billion with us!
As well as appearing on CB Insights’ Fintech 250 list, our Currency Management Automation software, Kantox Dynamic Hedging®, was named Best Risk Management Solution by TMI in both 2020 and 2018, and Best Solution Innovation in 2019. We were also named winners of the Deloitte Technology Fast 50 UK for three years running and Fast 500 EMEA Award winners for two.
Kantox is made up of an energetic team of people that love big challenges. We compromise on execution, speed and quality and always strive for excellence - while still having fun. So, if you want to join one of the fastest-growing fintech companies worldwide, keep reading…
We’re looking for an Elixir Engineer to join our Kantox software engineering team in Barcelona! Our platform core is primarily based on Ruby on Rails but we also make good use of Elixir and Elixir/Phoenix as well. You will work with a self-motivated multi-disciplinary multi-cultural team that views software development as an extreme team sport.
The Kantox Engineering Manifesto
Kantox is a team sport. Our engineering culture is devoid of egos yet we take great pride in our work. We believe in constructively challenging each other pushing our knowledge, code, processes to the absolute limit.
Our processes are based around continual self improvement, continuous code integration and deployment.
- Maintain and improve the code base, make sure that all the applications are running correctly
- Develop and test new features, solve issues as they appear, perform due maintenance and upgrades
- Review peer's code and help them improve. Review requirements and make sure they are valid and efficient.
- Participate in the Support shifts, solving requests from the rest of the company in a cordial and timely manner.
- Raise improvement suggestions, participate in technical discussions, prepare and maintain technical documentation.
- Senior level engineers with 3+ years of professional experience in Elixir.
- Team player with strong opinions capable of building consensus for the causes that they are passionate about and equally capable of accepting the direction taken once a decision has been taken.
- Engineers who value automation in testing and understand what it means to develop code with test driven automation in mind
- Engineers capable of taking a complex feature and breaking it down in to bite size sprints that can be easily tracked both within engineers as well by our product development team
- Engineers who practice continual improvement
- Engineers that are self driven capable of moving ahead in the agreed direction with minimal supervision
- Engineers who understand the balance between getting it done versus long term sustainability
- Engineers passionate about technology and who love engaging with other engineers to extract the best out of each other
- Engineers with a University degree in Computer Science (preferably a Masters) or equivalent
Expected Skills & Experience
- Permission to work within the EU is a plus
- At least 3 complete years working professionally on either: Ruby on Rails or Elixir based projects
- Testing: you are convinced of its value and you know how to create useful, complete tests
- Fluent in English.
- If you are technically fluent in both Ruby on Rails and Elixir then we really would like to talk to you
- Competitive salary
- Sponsored learning budget
- Free private health insurance
- Free Spanish, English and French lessons
- Relocation package if needed
- Flexible working hours with an intensive Friday schedule
- Hybrid work model
- 26 days of annual vacations
- Gym discounts and free sport activities
- Restaurant Ticket with monthly credit and regular cross-team lunches
- Fresh fruit and unlimited coffee
- Pizza fridays
- Beautiful office with incredible 360-degree views of Barcelona
Kantox is deeply committed to diversity, equity and inclusion both in our hiring practices and in our experiences as a Kantox employee.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and encourage all applicants regardless of race, religion, or belief (if any), color, nationality, ethnic or national origin, gender, gender identity, pregnancy and maternity, sexual orientation, age, marital and civil partnership status, or disability status.