Because we are expanding internationally we are looking for a Software Engineer who will join the Pagantis Payments and issuing team in our development centre in Barcelona.
You will be part of our diverse and international cross-functional development team. The acquiring and issuing teams are responsible for our high-availability online payments platform and for our card-issuing services.
You will be responsible for designing, building, and maintaining high-available, real-time web applications, working close to other development teams to provide disruptive fintech services. You will be part of our Elixir chapter, in which we share technological knowledge and we learn together.
Your responsibilities will be:
- Deliver high quality, tested, maintainable and well-structured code, as well as supporting documentation.
- Architect and develop internal APIs and microservices for supporting services for our product.
- Own the entire cycle of business features, including Q/A, monitoring and devops.
- Develop, deliver and monitor new features that satisfy our customers.
- Maintain and improve existing tools, contributing with smart ideas and solutions to the good evolution of the current services.
- Work in a fast paced business driven agile environment.
You will join a collaborative team of highly skilled and talented people, working together in an agile environment. We are looking for smart, passionate, talented and motivated people, who get things done and are natural team players, able to work in a fast paced collaborative environment.
Although we are looking for a software engineer with some experience with Elixir, we are also interested in candidates with programming experience in other languages interested in learning Elixir.
Required skills and experience:
- At least 2 years of professional development experience.
- Experience in Agile methodologies.
- Follow best practices when developing software, delivering simple, efficient, well tested and designed code.
- Test driven mindset.
- Business driven mindset for delivering software solutions within a product team.
- Knowledge of software design and architecture in server side applications.
- A team player who likes to discuss solutions and ideas as well as getting to agreements.
- Fluency in English.
- Willing to learn and face new challenges.
- Functional programming experience.
- Experience in SQL databases.
- Experience in Elixir / Phoenix.
- Experience with Git, Datadog, Postman and Rollbar.
- CI/CD experience.
- DevOps experience with the AWS suite.
- Great working environment.
- Career development opportunity
- Competitive salary
- Friendly and supportive team.
- Opportunity to constantly learn new technologies and grow as a professional according your own interests.
- Flexible Compensation Plan: Restaurant/ Transport/ Nursery tickets.
- Extended annual holiday leave.
- Flexible working hours.
- Half day Fridays.
- Equipment of your choice (HW, OS and IDE).
- Private Health Insurance.
- Referral Bonus.
- Training Programs.
- Fresh Organic Fruit, Coffee & Tea.