Elinvar offers an integrated solution for asset managers to digitalize their business – under their brand and in their corporate design. Working at Elinvar is the platform itself: uncomplicated and focused on excellence. As a B2B2C provider, we work with asset managers who are managing billions of customer assets. Accordingly, the demands they have on us are high, and we expect the lot from ourselves too. We are a dynamic team of technology and financial experts and we need your talent to seamlessly bring this disruptive product to our users.
The technical stack consists of a growing number of micro-services primarily based on Java 8. The message bus is based on Kafka and a GraphQL layer. The services are running in Docker containers on three AWS data centers in a high availability mode, managed by Kubernetes. The frontend is based on React.js. We are using GitLab for source control and continuous integration. The development process is in Scrum-based with 2-weeks sprints.
Sounds interesting? We’re now looking for a Director Software Engineering (m/f) to join our team.
We are looking forward to receiving your application online via our portal.
Your Role & Responsibilities
- Continuously source and recruit outstanding people and top talents
- Develop your team to be highly skilled, thereby meeting both today’s project needs and prepare for future requirements
- Ensure a mindset of high-quality software engineering
- Plan, design & execute the overall architecture of the platform in collaboration with our CTO and Lead Architect
- Ensure technical problems are resolved in a timely and cost-effective manner
- Evaluate and identify technology trends and relevant technology platforms
Our perfect match
- 5+ years’ experience working in a technologically challenging environment
- Proven experience leading engineering teams
- Experience in recruiting and hiring engineering talents and facilitating the onboarding of new team members
- A good technical understanding of platform architecture in particular web applications and microservices
- Broad technology experience, solid knowledge of Java or JavaScipt/React
- Highly reliable, structured and analytical with the ability to solve problems in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Demonstrated desire for continuous learning and improvement
- Acting as a role model and motivating people in a collaborative environment, even in hard times
- Excellent communication skills in German and English
- Based in Berlin, Elinvar is the comprehensive, digital and customized solution for wealth managers
- Our partners manage billions and expect excellence. We empower employees to reshape finance and look for talented and dedicated people
- Our co-founders share tremendous industry expertise and together with the team are dedicated to ensuring Elinvar’s long-term success
- We believe hard work and success deserve to be celebrated – both in and out of the office
Interested? Apply online via our portal to join the Elinvar Team. We’re looking forward to being in touch!