Auth0, a global leader in Identity-as-a-Service (IDaaS), provides thousands of enterprise customers with a Universal Identity Platform for their web, mobile, IoT, and internal applications. Its extensible platform seamlessly authenticates and secures more than 1.5B logins per month, making it loved by developers and trusted by global enterprises. Auth0 has raised more than $110 million to date and continues its global growth at a rapid pace. We are consistently recognized as a great place to work based our outstanding leadership and dedication to company culture, and are looking for the best people to join our incredible team spread across more than 35 countries!
Due to explosive growth Auth0 is seeking a Director of Engineering to help lead and scale our software development and innovation efforts to deliver the most advanced authentication and authorization SaaS on the market. This is a full time technical leadership role overseeing the growth of our highly productive teams of smart and engaged engineers. Successful candidates will be located on the west coast in PST (UTC−8 or within 3 hours) OR London metro area (UTC+1).
Auth0 has been remote friendly since inception and embraces a remote workstyle. VP’s and C level execs work remote and we have the tools and resources in-place to ensure success. Not only are we looking for a talented Engineering leader, we are looking for someone who will contribute to our culture.
- Work closely with our Team Leads, Engineering Directors and VP of Engineering to help scale our Engineering Organization to meet our customer and product needs.
- Lead, mentor and coach a mix of new and seasoned engineering managers running widely distributed teams.
- Work closely with Product & Design to build the next generation of Identity products.
- Provide operational excellence and implement processes and policies that create efficiencies during a time of massive growth.
- Maintain our high security, performance and availability SLA’s as we rapidly scale for customers with 100M+ monthly active users.
- Lead teams that continuously ship product improvements, measures the results, and iterateHelp convert our systems to be service based and cloud agnostic.
- Define and execute engineering and company wide OKR’s.
- You have experienced high-growth in a short period of time and are comfortable with putting systems in place and adjusting and adapting when needed.
- You are comfortable leading and managing widely distributed teams (Geography and Time). This is core to our culture and even our VP of Engineering is remote.
- You care about culture and values and like to be a steward for values such as transparency, collaboration, inclusiveness, accountability and experimentation.
- You have experience managing, coaching and growing other engineering managers and team leads. We have a strong culture of promoting from within so we are looking for someone who is comfortable grooming first-time managers.
- You set clear goals and clear expectations for your team. Your goal is to to empower your teams to make decisions and your managers to one day do your job.
- You work closely with your peer organizations to ensure cross-team collaboration is effective.
- You have outstanding communication and presentation skills including the ability to effectively interface with business, executive, and technical teams.
- You have built and scaled distributed systems on public clouds (Amazon, Azure, GCP, etc.).
- You are open about technology choices, and like to contribute to OSS projects. Our current stack focuses on Node, ElasticSearch, MongoDB, and React but we focus on picking the right tools for the job.
- You have experience allocating and deploying resources across teams and managing to a budget.
- You are located in PST (UTC−8 or within 3 hours) OR London, UK metro area (UTC+1).
- You ideally have experience in the identity and access management (IAM) domain (not required).
Auth0 is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Auth0 conducts all employment-related activities without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, citizenship status, genetics, or status as a Vietnam-era special disabled and other covered veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Auth0 participates in E-Verify and will confirm work authorization for candidates residing in the United States.
Auth0 company page is empty
Add a description and pictures to attract more candidates and boost your employer branding.