Stuart is a leading last mile delivery platform that connects small and big businesses to a fleet of geolocalised couriers. We empower thousands of companies across Europe by providing same-day delivery, next-day delivery and return solutions. We work across verticals with retailers, grocery stores, restaurants and ecommerce merchants to enable smarter transportation models.
We are looking for an accomplished Director of Data Science to play an essential role in spearheading our ambition of building the best algorithms in the Logistics Industry 📦.
Stuart’s tech works in an agile and cross functional environment 🌎. To achieve your team’s goals you will then be required to build strong relationships and agreed ways of working with different stakeholders, both on the technical side (Engineering, Product Management, Analytics) and on the business side (Operations).
Aligned to this business focus, you will be nurturing a culture of innovation by developing best in class algorithmic solutions for the logistics industry and by continuing to attract, retain and grow top talent in the Data Science team.
The role will report directly to our Chief Data Officer, Daniele Garbarino.
You will be managing and growing a team of around 10 Data Scientists with the mandate of continuously increasing its impact on the business. To achieve this you will be focusing on streamlining the team’s processes from R&D to production and identifying new opportunities your team can add value to.
Typical projects include, but are not limited to:
- Evolution of our dispatch logic together with the platform, incorporating new business requirements
- Predictive statistics for forecasting of temporal and geo-spatial data
- Processing and modelling of large amounts of data to produce actionable intelligence, for example for fraud detection
- Streamlining of operations and processes through complex combinatorial optimisation methods or deep learning solutions
- Development of simulation and testing tools
- 2 + years of managerial experience building and leading mid to large sized data science teams within a fast growing organisation
- University degree (ideally PHD) in Mathematics, Statistics, Physics or other quantitative sciences
- Theoretical and practical knowledge of Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence and Data Mining, Operational research
- Extensive experience with Data Science development tools, including Python, SQL (both required), Kafka and Scala.
- Fluent in English
- Flexibility to travel between Paris, London and Barcelona
- Great compensation package
- Exciting projects with world-class team in the field of AI, ML
- Amazing office in the city centre (Carrer de Pau Claris, 186 08037) with a view of La Pedrera - Gaudí’s masterpiece!
- Work-life balance - work from home and flexible hours
- Food allowance (in value up to 11e) and all the free drinks/snacks you can handle
- Wellness program (in value up to 40e) to use in any gym or sport class
- Private health care provided by Sanitas
- Nursery vouchers for childcare
- Work in an international, dynamic and passionate environment with a company culture focused on learning and development
- Monthly after-work events - game nights, parties, BBQ, escape rooms and much more!
“Logistics for a sustainable world.” That is the mission at the heart of Stuart Delivery. While customer expectations around the delivery experience are skyrocketing, cities are limiting traditional logistics methods to improve congestion, pollution and liveability. The convergence of these two trends means that a disruptive approach to last mile delivery is not a nice-to-have but rather an inevitability.
Stuart sits at the crossroads of the future, using our best-in-class proprietary dispatch technology to connect small and big businesses alike to a shared fleet of geolocalised couriers. The result? Efficient, reliable, eco-friendly delivery to help retailers to meet their customers’ demands.
We launched in 2015 with a big vision and a handful of clients. Five years later, couriers on our platform complete tens of millions of deliveries annually for the biggest brands across retail, ecommerce, grocery and food.
Stuart is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status
Stuart mission is to become the on-demand delivery leader in every supercity of the world through a simpler, quicker and cheaper transportation model.
From data scientists to restless couriers, designers to operation managers… Stuart strength rests upon our plurality of skills and expertise, building up our unique team. They operate from their headquarters in Barcelona, as in Paris, Brussels, London and Berlin, the first cities they'll ride through.
Co-Founded in 2015 by D. Leca (Sparrow founder acquired by Google in 2012), Stuart is now backed by great entrepreneurs such as J.D. Blanc (Allociné), J.A. Granjon (Vente-privee.com) and O. Mathiot (PriceMinister), with a total investment of €22 million.