In Rakuten, security and safety of the Internet services of our group are guaranteed by the Cyber Security Defense Department (CSDD. CSDD covers all aspects of the System Development Life Cycle (SDLC and operation security for all the services developed inside Rakuten Group.
Why we hire
Team expansion due to the increase demand of the work and the scope expansion.
As a DevSecOps Lead Engineer and a member of the security team, you will be challenged with various projects to support transformation within Rakuten and support development teams in their journey to a more automated and secure development lifecycle. Expected tasks range from but not limited to building, packaging and distributing security tools, supporting integration, understanding development team's needs and providing solutions. Note that this role is mainly focussed on the security aspect of DevSecOps.
- Partner with development teams and project/product managers to build and deliver DevSecOps services and solutions
- Perform technical analysis, testing and proof of concepts for tools, with a specific focus on security tools
- Join projects and create security related guidelines, policies and regulations
- Support development teams as a technical consultant
- Updating and maintaining custom rule sets for security scanners
- Support the development and learning of other DevSecOps engineers
- Delivering training and technical support to development teams
- Creation of technical documentation
- Working alongside other engineers and stakeholders to deliver global projects and initiatives
- Minimum 3 years of experience in DevSecOps with a focus on security Understanding and experience of agile development
- Understanding of the core concepts of web application development, security, and operations
- Proficient in common automation tools and cloud technologies Strong teamwork capability in a diverse environment
- Strong sense of ownership
- Ability to work in a highly diverse environment
- Previous experience working specifically with security automation Previous development experience
- Holder of relevant industry qualifications
- Strong verbal and written communication skills