See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Software Engineer
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we have presence throughout South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. We're on a journey to becoming a globally anti-racist, anti-oppressive, anti-bias company that actively opposes racism and all forms of oppression and bias. At Twilio, we support diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
This position is needed to support continuous delivery of value to Twilio customers through automation, testing and instrumentation aimed at ensuring Twilio products achieve the health and performance our customers deserve. If you like hard scaling problems, architecting for resilience and managing customer experience through SLOs then the Observability Team will feel like home. You will architect, build, test, deploy and maintain a Twilio observability stack. Demonstrate your software engineering skills to build the future of observability for Twilio’s globally distributed, highly available products and services.
In this role, you’ll:
- Architect, build, test, deploy and maintain a Twilio observability stack. Demonstrate your software engineering skills to build the future of observability for Twilio’s globally distributed, highly available products and services.
- Build distributed tracing and logging solutions which will cover internal customers requirements.
- Partner with Twilio’s platform engineering teams to provide the best possible usage experience, documentation and self-service for our customers.
- Build mission critical tooling to triage and mitigate incidents quickly for our customers.
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- 2+ years Software Engineering, SRE or DevOps experience
- Experience writing application code in Java or Python since we also maintain the metrics, tracing and logging java libraries.
- Experience building and running monitoring infrastructure on a large scale. For example, Terabyte-scale Elasticsearch clusters, Prometheus, Kibana, Grafana, etc
- Experience with microservice architectures
- This role requires a lot of documentation and internal client-facing; therefore strong written and verbal communication skills are required
- Experience with building and operating a public cloud infrastructure (AWS, Azure, GCP, etc.) is an advantage
- Experience with OpenTelemetry since we are adopting OpenTelemetry in a lot of the tooling we provide.
This role will be based in our Madrid, Spain office or Remote Spain.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Twilio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Additionally, Twilio participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.