Ryanair Holdings plc, Europe’s largest airline group, is the parent company of Buzz, Lauda, Malta Air & Ryanair DAC. Carrying over 154 m guests p.a. on more than 2,400 daily flights from 82 bases, the group connects over 200 destinations in 40 countries on a fleet of over 475 aircraft, with a further 210 Boeing 737’s on order, which will enable the Ryanair Group to lower fares and grow traffic to 200m p.a. by FY24. Ryanair has a team of over 19,000 highly skilled aviation professionals delivering Europe’s No.1 on-time performance, and an industry leading 34-year safety record. Ryanair is Europe’s greenest cleanest airline group and customers switching to fly Ryanair can reduce their CO₂ emissions by up to 50% compared to the other Big 4 EU major airlines.
Ryanair Labs is the technology brand of Ryanair, a tech start up within a legacy airline. Our digital hubs are located in Dublin, Madrid, and Wroclaw. With big plans to digitally revolutionize the travel industry, Ryanair Labs has embarked on its mission to become the Amazon of Travel with an encompassing Trip's platform.
Ryanair is seeking an experienced DevOps Engineer to join the software development team. The position is full-time and will be based in our office in Madrid.
As part of building out the best digital team on the planet we are hiring DevOps engineers to play an integral role in implementing and executing a best in class product delivery pipeline.
You will be working closely with the software development and IT operations teams to build out required tools for building, coordinating and deploying new releases to our production environments. You will support and contribute to the roll out of a continuous delivery strategy.
The DevOps team ensures that new software is released in a streamlined manner. The team establishes procedures and tools that are used by both the software development and IT operations teams. The goal is releasing Ryanair’s array of products efficiently and effectively as a repeatable and scalable process.
You will be part of Development team and your responsibilities as a DevOps Engineer will include:
- Support developers and improve our tools for continuous build, automated testing and release management.
- Manage and improve Ryanair's release process.
- Scale, Security and efficiency is paramount.
- Leverage, build and maintain state of the art build tools.
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Experience with Automatically provisioning, configuring and deploying environments.
- At least 3 years of experience in some of the following: software engineering, release engineering, DevOps and/or configuration management.
- General AWS understanding and experience with CloudFormation
- Experience as developer building and deploying software is mandatory
- Previous experience working in a continuous integration/delivery environment with pipelines, ideally with Jenkins.
- Strong familiarity with source code repositories and management tools including, e.g. Git, Bitbucket / Stash, GitLab, GitHub.
- Experience with Ansible, other configuration and deployment management tools as Chef, , Docker, Puppet, Vagrant, .. is a plus.
- Understanding of Networking, DNS and domain management core concepts
- Knowledge of Linux stack, including configuring, maintaining and troubleshooting.
- Experience with build tools (e.g. Maven, MSBuild, CMake, GNU Make).
- Skills with one or more scripting languages e.g Bash, Python, Groovy, Ruby etc.
- Good communication skills, valuable experience with remote development teams.