Scalefast helps amazing brands develop a successful Direct-to-Consumer online business. Our next-generation technology platform is built to optimize modern eCommerce. Our end-to-end infrastructure includes global merchant-of-record agreements, fulfillment, subscription, loyalty programs, and finance functions to deliver new revenue and delightful brand experiences. Scalefast has proven itself with global brands like L’Oréal, Sega, Square-Enix and Flir.
DevOps combines development and operations to increase the efficiency, speed, and security of software development and delivery compared to traditional processes. A more nimble software development lifecycle results in a competitive advantage for businesses and their customers.
DevOps team members work closely with the Development and Infrastructure teams, helping teams to adopt the best practices to improve the speed, quality, security, and predictability across the platform. Focuses on bringing automation across the platform -- build, test, inspection, provision, deploy, promote, monitor activities and failover -- through the consistent use of automation tools, continuous integration, continuous delivery pipelines, and both on-premise and cloud-native platforms.
At Scalefast, customer experience is at the forefront of everything we do. To help us build functional systems that improve the customer experience we are now looking for an experienced DevOps Engineer. They will be responsible for deploying product updates, identifying production issues, and implementing integrations that meet our customers' needs. If you have a solid background in software engineering and are familiar with Ruby or Python, we'd love to speak with you.
What do we offer?
- Competitive salary and a career path adapted to each person's abilities and experience within a company that is growing continuously
- 2 days a week working from home
- A flexible schedule and total conciliation between work and family life including reduced timetable during one month in summer
- Become part of a multi-cultural happy family where you can contribute with your experience and learn from the experience of others
- Work with amazing brands
- Get the opportunity to influence the future of our services and platform
- Excellent working environment with frequent social activities (hackathons, Spartan races, quarterly whole-team social event)
- Central Madrid office located an 8-minute walk from Atocha train station, with a bus stop and BiciMad station right outside the office
- Kitchen and dining facilities as well as a fully stocked games room with games consoles etc. - great to disconnect from work for a while and have fun with your colleagues
- Discounted parking space in the office building if you’re coming by car, bicycle parking for those worried about their carbon footprint
- Mental Health Wellbeing Program
- Building and setting up new development tools and infrastructure.
- Understanding the needs of stakeholders and conveying this to developers.
- Working on ways to automate and improve development and release processes.
- Testing and examining code written by others and analyzing results.
- Ensuring that systems are safe and secure against cybersecurity threats.
- Identifying technical problems and developing software updates and 'fixes'.
- Working with software developers and software engineers to ensure that development follows established processes and
- works as intended.
- Planning out projects and being involved in project management decisions.
- Setting up tools and required infrastructure.
- Defining and setting development, test, release, update, and support processes for DevOps operation.
- Monitoring the processes during the entire lifecycle for their adherence and updating or creating new processes for
- improvement and minimizing the wastage.
- Selecting and deploying appropriate CI/CD tools.
- Share information and knowledge and provide help and formation to other team members.
- Experience as a DevOps Engineer or similar software engineering role.
- Proficient with git and git workflows.
- Good knowledge of Ruby or Python.
- Experience working on Linux-based infrastructure.
- Working knowledge of databases and SQL.
- Experience and knowledge with containerizing and clustering tools like Kubernetes and Docker.
- Experience with AWS environment.
- Problem-solving attitude.
- Collaborative team spirit.
- Experience developing engineering applications for a large corporation.
- Experience in a peak performance organization, preferably a tech startup.
- Product company experience.
- Experience working with a remote team.
- Enterprise software company experience.
- Developer platform/tool industry experience.
- Experience working with a global or otherwise multicultural team.
- Computer science education or equivalent experience.
- Passionate about/experienced with open source and developer tools.
- Awareness of critical concepts in DevOps and Agile principles.
- Working knowledge of various tools, open-source technologies, and cloud services.
- Experience with chef, terraform, and other infrastructure management tools.
- Monitoring tools like Datadog, sentry or cloudwatch