The Project and the team
We never stop innovating and we want to build the products that will change the way telcos provide WiFi.
The candidate will join Product Innovation Team. This team is highly technical and product focused and is in charge of developing new products and business models for Fon. This team is highly experienced in developing high standard WiFi products for telco business.
DevOps Engineer will be a member of the DevOps group integrated in the Home Wifi Product Development team. The DevOps Engineer will work inside a product team very closely with developers and product engineers as well as the Operation department team members. You will work in an international environment.
As a member of the DevOps team, the candidate will participate in the design, deployment, update and maintenance of the Fon Service platform infrastructure needed to successfully develop, test and run the different applications while producing maintainable infrastructure for the Operations group. He/she will be creating scalable fault tolerant infrastructure through PaaS.
Responsibilities include developing and evolving our existing Continuous Integration Platform and improving our Continuous Deployment tools and procedures both on premises and in the cloud being consistent with industry best practices.
The Candidate will ensure stable, controlled deployment of software products into all environment achieving efficient, available and quality product services.
On-call and availability may be required.
Requirements and necessary experience
- Senior level Linux admin skills with good knowledge of SQL and non-SQL databases management. Be pro-active in identifying improvement opportunities and resolutive when troubleshooting.
- A good mindset about what’s DevOps.
- Good knowledge and real world experience with Cloud infrastructure, Amazon AWS.
- Must have strong scripting skills: Mainly bash, ruby and python.
- Strong belief in the concept of Infrastructure as Code, knowledge of Terraform and Packer is a plus.
- Lifecycle and version control management tools.
- Good knowledge in configuration management systems like: Chef, Puppet or Ansible.
- Some knowledge in application/platform configuration systems, like: etcd, consul, etc.
- Experience with deployment pipelines and Ci/CD tools, Jenkins, gitlab-ci, etc.
- Good knowledge in containers technologies, mainly Docker but also some schedulers.
- System and Network modern monitoring tools, like Prometheus, Sensu, Grafana, etc.
- Teamworking: Fault tolerance and scalability happens at the people level too. That's why the candidate must have strong teamwork skills.
- Debian linux sys-admin experience.
- Database engines such as MongoDB, MySQL, PostgreSQL.
- Virtualization experience/cloud platforms: AWS, Azure, VMWare.
- Basic networking skills.
- Security knowledge.
- Intermediate to advanced level English