14 million members worldwide use XING to meet up on our platform, find jobs, colleagues, new assignments, cooperation partners and experts.
As a Devops Engineer, your main functions will be:
- Manage and operate a large Hadoop cluster including data ingestion and interfacing with different components of the XING platform.
- Implement services dealing with massive amounts of data and a high number of concurrent users.
- Solve challenging problems related to infrastructure for search and recommender systems using state-of-the-art technologies.
- Work on products that will be used by millions of users on a daily basis.
-The chance to work on a large, highly distributed platform with over 14 million users.
A variety of technologies and languages: Perl, Ruby on Rails, Java,
Scala, Elasticsearch, REST, AMQP, Linux, Hadoop, Riak, MongoDB, MySQL,
Solr, iOS, Android, Backbone.js, jQuery, Git, Jenkins…
- An innovation week every three months where you can unleash your creativity and ideas.
- Training and conferences.
- A sunny office located in the center of Barcelona, with a large terrace.
- A multicultural environment with employees from all over the world.
- Subsidised restaurant tickets, free fruit, drinks, snacks and much more.
- Company pension plan.
- Spanish and German lessons.
- A mobile device as well for private use (iPhone, iPad, Android…).
- Competitive salary.
- We're an Open Source contributor (https://github.com/xing) and let the world know what we're doing (https://devblog.xing.com) while also organising public user groups and coding events.
Aptitudes y conocimientos deseadosWe are looking for a person with the following qualifications, experience and skills:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, or similar discipline.
- Professional experience with Hadoop (including Hive, Pig or Mahout) in a DevOps-related role; experience in Cassandra and Spark is a plus.
- Very solid programming skills in Scala or Java and experience with configuration management and CI tools (e.g. Jenkins, chef).
- Excellent hands-on skills in handling large datasets.
- Communicate efficiently in English (German or Spanish is a plus).
Official website, founding date, employees, how did it all begin... Do you know the whole story?Tell Us!