We are looking for an infrastructure engineer with strong DevOps skills who knows code and has proven experience of getting it built and into production. You’ll help us build out our continuous integration strategy, help us put a continuous deployment strategy in place and help us scale our infrastructure into the cloud.
You’ll have hands-on experience of deployment toolsets including Ansible and Docker, be familiar with Linux, know how cloud server platforms work and have excellent scripting skills to help bring all components of our continuous integration, deployment, and server provisioning strategy. This is the perfect opportunity for someone who’s spent time honing their release and deployment skills, who knows the right way they would want to do it and to be given the role that lets them do just that.
- Strong AWS experience – EC2, S3, CloudFormation
- Shell scripting
- CI – Jenkins, Travis
- Deployment – Ansible, Packer
- Security / Hardening
- Networking fundamentals – DNS, certificates
- ElasticSearch, Logstash, Kibana (ELK)
- CMS Experience – WordPress
- Big Data experience
You will have:
- Excellent communication skills
- The ability to talk to techies and non-techies in suitable language
- A passion for development and staying current with technology trends
- The ability to work both independently and with others
- A focus on high quality software engineering work and attention to detail
- The ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
Extra credit if you:
- Know about building out scalable data stores
- Have a passion for working as part of a fast-moving engineering team
The what3words team is a mix of experienced entrepreneurs, people who have worked at the highest levels in large global organisations, academics, and bright graduates – it’s a good balance, and it’s important for us that we get the right person who is happy working alongside people from these backgrounds. We have a relaxed and focused office in West London, with regular team socials, and we expect to add more benefits as we grow. We have a culture that encourages curiosity and imagination in how we achieve our goals, and an absolute focus on building a global business.
We hope in 5 years you will be proud to tell people you were one of the early joiners at what3words.
We are looking for someone to start this role as soon as possible, so applications will be considered as and when we receive them.
Please note that this role will be based in our London office, therefore we will only accept applications from individuals based in London (or ready to move to London immediately) and those that have authorisation to work in the UK.
Get in touch with some combination of CV, your LinkedIn or GitHub profile with a covering letter to tell us about who you are and why you’re interested in what we’re doing.
You can send all of this and anything else you think we should see to email@example.com.