Do you want to help shape the future of commercial drones at one of London’s most exciting robotics startups?
HyBird is a London-based drone startup, which spun out of University College London (UCL) and is now looking to welcome you to join its core team. We promote a good balance of independence and collaboration: entrusting team members to be great leaders and have autonomy over their responsibilities; and working collaboratively (both internally and externally) to achieve the best results and solve the toughest problems.
- Designing, building and maintaining a software application
(web-based/native) from scratch, that is capable of securely storing,
analysing and visualising large volumes of various data for end-users.
- Designing and testing machine learning and computer vision algorithms on data-sets for object/pattern recognition.
- Collaboration with key partners in the relevant spaces.
- Monitoring the state of the art and attending conferences.
- Experience in rapid designing, building and tuning data-intensive software applications.
- AWS expertise, including but not limited to EC2, Cloudformation, Docker, S3, auto scale, ELB, RDS, SQS, SNS, Cloudfront, Route53.
- Experience with Ansible, Puppet or other configuration management tools.
- Experience with Jenkins or other build and release automation tools and methodologies.
- Experience with containers (Docker, Kubernetes) or other related technologies.
- Experience with scripting in Ruby, PHP, Bash, Perl, or Python highly preferred.
- Experience with Magento, Drupal, and WordPress preferred.
- Experience with caching technologies Redis, Memcached and Varnish.
- Systems knowledge within the Linux and Windows ecosystems.
- Experience with Apache, Nginx,and IIS web server technologies.
- Solid grasp of fundamental internet principles, specifically TCP/IP, SSL, and HTTPS.
- Experience configuring log aggregation tools and diagnosing problems.
- Understanding of Network Security and Firewall Rules.
I- deally Master or PhD in relevant field (computer science or similar).
- Experience in shipping code for products used at scale an asset.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Drive, autonomy, curiosity and team play.
- Good level of English. Arabic or any additional language an asset.