We are on a mission to create a new kind of business finance service to support the 5 million SMEs that power Britain.
We’re passionate about helping growing businesses maximise their potential, making applying for credit as quick and easy as possible. We have crafted an efficient marketplace for both borrowers and lenders, so they can get a better deal and a better service than the banks can offer. We are not a bank, and we are far more than an alternative lender. We are something better.
We are a rapidly growing team from all kinds of backgrounds. We are ambitious, we work hard and we work together.
We are an equal opportunities employer.
We need a Devops Engineer to join our existing talented Senior Devops Engineer to level up our systems, tooling, release processes and perform platform migrations from Heroku to AWS.
If you answer “yes” to the following questions, then we could be a great match:
* Do you use terraform to map out your environments?
* Do you know what a rolling release v.s canary v.s blue-green deployments are, and do you have experience doing it?
* Do you know the difference between an ALB and an ELB?
You will be part of a fantastic and energetic team that constantly demonstrates the values of being curious, being in-sync and beating expectations.
Our expectations are for you to:
* Play a leading role in the migration from Heroku to AWS and Kubernetes
* Ensure parity between local development environments, staging and beyond
* Build deployment pipelines which enable the development team to achieve rapid change
* Increase our reliability and availability across the product portfolio
* Hands-on experience with Amazon Web Services
* Experience with Docker in production environments , ideally with ECS and/or Elastic Beanstalk
* Devops experience with Unix infrastructure commercial products for 3 or more years
* Experience with Ubuntu, Git/Github, Gitlab, Redis, New Relic, Postgresql, Redshift, AWS DMS an advantage, but not essential.
* Experience with Terraform and any other Hashicorp tooling
* Scripting / development experience with Python
* AWS Certification would be advantageous
* Log aggregation, monitoring and metrics extraction via ElasticSearch also advantageou
* A competitive salary
* Employer pension contributions of 5% of your base salary
* Generous training, equipment and IT budget
* The tools you require to get the job done
* A strong and clear company culture, focused on growth
* Participation in an employee equity scheme
* 25 days of holiday plus Bank Holidays
The role is based from our London offices. We are located 1 minute from Aldgate Tube station.
About Growth Street