Spotcap is a leading global fintech company operating in the trillion dollar online lending space. We are driven by the mission to empower SMEs with tailored finance, allowing them to focus on what really matters – their business. Spotcap operates in five countries and is headquartered in Berlin, Germany, with a local presence in the UK, the Netherlands, Spain, Australia and New Zealand. We are growing rapidly!
We are an international team of finance, engineering, marcomms and business professionals from more than 25 countries. Our most important asset are the masterminds behind Spotcap - our people. We are always looking for like-minded people who want to join us in empowering SMEs and evolving the finance industry.
Our engineering team operates a lean development process to deliver our world-class products and services. Modern languages and tools paired with continuous deployment and cloud-based infrastructure helps us master the global-technology platform challenges.
In this role you will be...
- Responsible for the security, availability, scalability and efficiency of Spotcap’s global AWS infrastructure running round the clock.
- Building systems to automate the provisioning, deploying and monitoring of various services and products.
- Designing infrastructure that supports our architecture and helps the engineering team to deliver new features quickly and robustly.
- Actively participating in planning, creating, and running our suite of products and services.
- Keeping tabs on industry trends, help shape best practices and help Spotcap innovate.
Working at Spotcap means you will benefit from the following:
- Be part of a dynamic, driven and international team of more than 120 employees from 25 countries, with diverse backgrounds, based in our offices in the heart of Berlin.
- Strong career progression and the opportunity to grow with the business.
- A startup atmosphere in an established company environment with flat hierarchies - meaning you’ll be expected, and encouraged, to contribute your ideas.
- Training and development budgets which can be used for conferences, attending personal training and development courses to ensure continuous growth and development.
- A great company culture with regular social activities, tech talks and health and fitness initiatives.
- A collaborative working culture with regular brainstorms, stand-ups and inter-departmental gatherings across two continents.
- Choose your own device: the option to choose between a high-end Dell or Mac Notebook.
- Fresh fruit, drinks, cereals, and regular team breakfasts.
- Relocation support services.
Our ideal candidate has...
- Proven experience in designing and deploying dynamically scalable, highly available, fault tolerant, and reliable applications on AWS.
- Experience with Unix/Linux system administration (e.g. Ubuntu, CentOS, CoreOs), and you have good scripting skills in Bash, Python, or similar.
- Extensive experience with infrastructure provisioning tools, network analysis and troubleshooting, resolving performance and application issues, as well as building automation tools.
- Preferably, a certification as AWS Solutions Architect - Professional.
- Experience with technologies such as: Ansible, docker, haproxy, nginx, postgresql, mysql, jenkins, github, bitbucket, gocd, Amazon DynamoDB, RDS, Lambda, Elastic Beanstalk, SQS, SNS, etc.
- A sense of purpose and clarity for the entire software development and deployment process.
- An innate curiosity and drive to get things done, and fluency in English.