The Visca Web team is behind the popular Futebol.com, Marcadores.com and several other football live scores products which currently attract millions of users over 30 countries worldwide. The product revolves around real-time football results and social interactions (discussions, predictions contest with prizes to win…) between users.
As DevOps engineer in the Visca Web team, you will be a key player in the continuous delivery and continuous deployment of our software. You will collaborate closely with the technical team to find the best solutions to our evolving needs and you will be keen to suggest new solutions to constantly improve our infrastructure and its performance.
You will also have as objective to bring an AWS professional structure to the company. This will include responsibilities such as:
- Take part in the process of experimenting different solutions with AWS.
- Lead a migration from classic servers to AWS (of about ~40 classic servers).
- Set-up monitoring and alerting processes.
- Keep teaching the team about AWS solutions, and its automation.
Our projects are made as microservices and the team is eager to learn.
- Strong experience managing services in Linux / Unix environments.
- At least 2 years of experience with Amazon Web Services.
- Good experience with shell scripting (Python, bash, tcsh).
- Good knowledge of Docker / Vagrant.
- Familiar with tools like Ansible, Buildbot, Chef, Salt.
- Willingness to teach the team and make it comfortable working with AWS.
- Experience with dynamic language and code architecture (Java, PHP, Node, etc...)
- (bonus) Experience with technologies such as: RabbitMQ, WebSockets, Varnish.
- (bonus) Experience with tools such as: Terraform, NewRelic.
- (bonus) Experience optimising AWS costs.
- (bonus) Experience/knowledge with Google Cloud.
This position is a full-time one, based in our Barcelona office. Possession of a valid work-permit for Spain is a must.
We have great benefits
- A stimulating work environment
- The pride to work on a product that everyone may use
- Free Coffee + Bi-weekly Team Lunches
- Personal Development (conferences, katas, language training…)
- High-level Futbolin games
- Apple Macbook Pro for all team members
- Tickets for FC Barcelona live football games
- 23 days of annual paid leave (+ public holidays)
- Flexible working hours
- Competitive salary
You would be joining a young (well, relatively, between 26 and 36 years old) and international (5 different nationalities, counting Catalan as one) dev team which is committed to producing clean, tested code.
We are all passionate about creating great experiences for our users and we find it absolutely indispensable to also have fun in the process. We champion a stimulating work environment where respect, initiative, synergy and exchange are valued.
We dedicate 2 afternoons per month to self-development, through talks, practical workshops (aka “katas“: http://www.viscaweb.com/meetings/) or discovery labs. We enjoy taking part in local events/talks, conferences and we contribute to the open source community on GitHub.
Our Technology Stack
We decided to implement a decoupled architecture in order to make maintenance and improvements easier when required. The web application is divided in projects written in PHP 5.6 and 7.1, mainly based on Symfony2, using RabbitMQ, Redis and WebSocket amongst others technologies.
We also use other tools such as New Relic and Blackfire to analyze code performance and Scrutinizer for code review and continuous integration. The team enjoy working with PHPStorm, develop and merge their code via Pull Requests through GIT and collaborate in English with JIRA, Github and Slack.
Our technology stack is not set in stone and may evolve as other languages and technologies may emerge as better alternatives to fit the product’s evolving requirements.