Carts Guru is looking for talented software engineers who are resourceful, dynamic, and passionate about modern web development and back-end technologies!
We run a world-class, cloud-native E-commerce platform in AWS with a cutting-edge tech stack consisting of the latest technologies:
- Vue JS
What You’ll Love Doing
- Engaging in architectural design discussions, where your innovation and creativity directly influence product direction.
- Employing solid software engineering practices to ensure high-quality, maintainable/extensible code on predictable release schedules.
- Collaborating with fellow innovators on UI/UX and design, whether on the front-end, middleware, back-end, or even cloud infrastructure.
- Working in a dynamic and fast-paced startup environment where you will have nearly unlimited growth potential.
- Designing and executing changes and improvements to the core product directly, whether front-end or cloud native infrastructure.
Can see the big picture: You’re able to understand requirements from other perspectives beyond just a specification. You are a product-minded engineer with a focus on customer experience and user journeys. Whether building an internal API or a critical feature used by millions, your sharp tech sense for quality and innate ability to balance robustness and simplicity ensures development with a focus on availability, maintainability, and scalability. You have a limitless capacity to learn while helping teach those around you.
The Ideal Candidate
- Has a strong work ethic with a fun yet professional personality.
- Is meticulous with tasks and can manage them efficiently.
- Demonstrates strong ownership and responsibility for what they build.
- Is not afraid to take charge in a situation and make sound product / development decisions in their domain.
- Experience with Ansible.
- Knowledge of Terraform.
- Understanding of Apache Kafka.
- Experience with GraphQL.
- Working knowledge of Koa.
- Development experience with Vue JS.
- Experience with jQuery and modern JS web frameworks.
- Experience with Less / SCSS / Sass.
- Familiarity with a wide range of cloud services, specifically in AWS.
- Experience with Docker and/or Kubernetes.
- Experience with DevOps concepts, including orchestration and automation.
- Experience with managing Elasticsearch clusters.
- Experience building and using HTTP RESTful APIs.
- Working experience with Node.js backends like Express or Koa.
- Experience with either npm or yarn.
- Experience with NoSQL databases.
- Proven software engineering track record with agile based methodologies.
- Understanding of continuous integration / delivery philosophies.
- Proficiency with Git and TDD workflows.
- Understanding of Linux/Mac based systems.
About The Team
As a startup, every person on the team matters 100%. We're a collaborative group with a focus on innovation; we’re not just hacking to meet deadlines. Our company culture promotes an environment for inclusion, innovation, mutual respect, and learning from one other.
We offer everyone a wide range of responsibility and opportunities to learn as we grow. We are building an amazing and diverse development team here in Barcelona, and if your passions include taking ownership of the product in any capacity, then this is the company for you.
We encourage employees looking for a challenge to take on projects outside of their comfort zone.