The product organization at Scytl is in charge of designing and developing its core online voting platform. We are busy disrupting the election industry by making voting more accessible, efficient, transparent and secure. We are continuously looking for talented individuals who will share our passion for designing and building great software that powers democracy around the world.
The Development Manager is in charge of the product development organization and accountable for getting the product out of the door on time and quality.
His/her job is to make sure the department is a reliable, predictable and productive organization, and to fix the issues that are getting in the way of success.
The ideal candidate is a great manager and a great team builder. He/she will be an excellent agile guru, a great communicator, and a great issue resolver.
- Advocate agile software development practices and help develop engineering practices, focused on the continuous delivery of value
- Responsible of engineering resources and project timelines to ensure on-time delivery of high quality
- Solve or help solve any issue - whether technical, or people, process, system - that can get in the way of delivery
- Define release strategy and schedule
- Plan and drive execution of each release
- Provide visibility and transparency of team progress and team’s velocity
- Track project status, take proactive corrective measures
- Establish an engineering culture of proactivity and sensitivity to business outcome
- Set appropriate goals for team members, provide regular & constructive feedback
- Communicate regularly and consistently to the engineering organization
- Identify opportunities to improve department performance
- Drive necessary structure, process and system changes
- Hire, train and coach the engineering organization
- +5 years of experience in similar position, preferably in a product company
- Strong Agile development methodologies capabilities
- In-depth knowledge of the software development life cycle
- Passion for code quality and execution excellence
- University degree in Computer Sciences or related field.
- Highly accountable; takes ownership and drives sense of urgency
- Strong leadership skills, with a highly collaborative yet decisive approach
- Passion for organizing teams and driving for productivity
- Great analytical skills, with an enquiring and structured mind
- Impeccable work ethic, humble but confident
- Driven, self-starter; comfortable working in a rapidly changing environment
- Clear, concise communicator, able to inspire and drive consensus
- Excellent English, both spoken and written
Scytl is recognized worldwide for helping revolutionize Democracy. Our secure election management and online voting solutions are helping organizations around the globe increase and improve participatory democracy, citizen empowerment and public transparency via innovative online technology.
Our highly energized company works with governments across all 5 continents, helping countries as different as the US, Norway, Uganda, UAE, Switzerland, Canada, Tunisia, Australia and Spain modernize their electoral processes making elections more engaging, participatory, transparent, accessible and secure.