Come to work with us!
We are a young venture funded startup located in Barcelona developing an application with millions of registered users, these are some of our stats:
- More than 1 million of registered users
- ~200K DAU (Daily active users)
- ~350K MAU (Monthly actve users)
- Peakrs of 35K concurrent users
The app is a Football Fantasy League, think of it like a Manager where you play the role of the coach but with a twist, your players will perform as good or as bad as they do in real life!
Our Office is located in the centric neighbourhood of Gràcia, some of its characteristics:
- Access 24/7
- Private bike/scooter parking
- Huge terrace that can be used during the weekends
- Free Coffee/Water/etc
- Many gyms around it
- Many nice places to eat
We are a small team so you can expect to have a huge impact on the company.
Let’s talk some tech!
Mister started with the typical PHP/MySQL monolith and it was able to serve thousands of users with a single server. But now those times are long gone.
For the last year we have been focused on pushing the technological stack further and after a lot of hard work this is what we currently have:
- Everything in the stack has redundancy.
- We are able to horizontally scale almost everything.
- We use the latest PHP version.
- Everything is monitored with Grafana/Prometheus/Loki and Sentry.
- Some parts have been rewritten in Go.
- Lots of code written with tests.
- Many deployments per day (With no downtime).
- Containers used to develop and deploy
- 9.9 of Uptime
Our technical challenges are far from over, this is a list of things that we are about to do and that we hope you will be able to help us with:
- Improve our data pipelines.
- Reduce the time it takes to implement some features.
- Be able to manage larger amount of data (and do awesome stuff with it).
- Improve some of our scaling strategies.
- Improve the speed perception by modernizing our frontend.
- Prepare the project for a x4 growth.
- 9.99 Uptime
What we are looking for
We are looking for fullstack and backend/ops engineers, the only requirements:
- You know your way around a unix terminal.
Useful skills to have
- Containers (Docker, K8s)
- Basic Football knowledge
The range goes from 35K to 50K, depending the profile also have a stock options program
About Mister Fantasy