Zooplus AG is Europe’s leading online retailer of pet supplies. With over 6,8 million active customers in more than 30 European countries and 1,342 billion Euro revenue in 2018, zooplus is comfortably the market leader in the online segment. At zooplus, we believe e-commerce to be the sales model of today and for the future. E-commerce has become one of the fastest developing areas of business. Modern logistics centers, and the use of big data and personalization, mean that online sales can be handled with increasing efficiency.
We’re an agile company, our IT Culture fosters cross-functional teams (a.k.a. Feature Teams) where the focus is on product specialization, and trust is one our core values.
At zooplus we’ve been gathering data for twenty years now and every day we acquire new forms and ways to do so. The core Data Science Team inside the Data & Analytics Department is responsible for transforming this raw data into deep and valuable information that will allows us to understand and predict the next moves in the industry.
In this role you will have the opportunity to be working as a multi-functional Data Scientist. You’ll join an international team with expertise in data science, data engineering and cloud infrastructure, and will work helping the company to make current applications smarter, proposing new approaches, or predicting behaviors so we can adapt better to the never changing market of e-commerce. The tech stack you’ll work with includes (but is far from limited to):
- Python and Spark
- AWS and Terraform
What you will be responsible for
- Deep dive into our growing set of external and internal data flows, and generate insightful analyses that enable us to innovate throughout zooplus.
- Research, design, validate and deploy machine learning models of different structured and unstructured data, using advanced techniques in AI
- Working in an international agile team building models, applications and solutions that will help us to be smarter.
- Work closely together with the Data & Analytics team in Madrid and Munich.
What we are looking for
To work together in an optimal way in this position, we wish your qualifications to include
- MS/PhD in Computer Science or a related field, specialization in ML/AI.
- Experience in object-oriented programming (Python is a plus)
- Knowledge of relational databases and query authoring (SQL)
- English at working language level (Spanish/German is a plus)
What we are offering you
Become a part of our success story and seize the opportunity to take on a real challenge in a dynamically growing company where there is huge scope for development and short decision-making processes. We are offering you a versatile, international-facing role in our motivated team with colleagues from all over Europe. Our Spanish office is at a great location in Madrid, with great infrastructure links. Additionally we offer competitive benefits such as:
- Competitive salary
- 28 days’ vacation (plus Dec 24 and 31 when they fall on a labor day)
- Medical insurance
- Flexible working hours
- Free drinks and fresh fruit
- Discount in zooplus shop