We are looking for a driven, smart, creative, and curious data scientist to join our product team.
- Are you interested in the latest trends and developments in machine learning?
- Do you want to build machine learning systems to tackle real-world problems?
- Do you love to crunch and to analyze large amounts of image and text data to detect interesting stuff?
- Do you like to be intellectually challenged and are you eager to explore and learn new things?
Then we want to hear from you!
Your primary focus will be in applying state of the art approaches to develop, deploy and maintain machine learning products and features. As part of the entire team, you will collaborate with our international frontend, backend and business teams located across New York and Madrid. You’ll be involved in a lot of interesting problems, working with millions of ecommerce products and applying machine learning to text, images, time series and many other data sources, both structured and unstructured, using the coolest and latest algorithms from the area. As we are still a small company, you will get to see all other areas of the business and have a real chance to be part of building the company.
- Background in AI, ML or statistics. Solid knowledge of theoretical concepts of common machine learning methods and algorithms
- Proven hands-on experience building and deploying machine learning systems
- High level in Python programming language
- Ability to analyze and get insights from structured and unstructured datasets
- Solid understanding of model tuning and evaluation techniques
- Familiarity with data reduction and imputation techniques
- Knowledge of your machine learning tools (e.g. scikit-learn, pandas, numpy)
- Knowledge of deep learning approaches and experience with the frameworks: TensorFlow, Keras, PyTorch,...
- Ideally, proficient in several data science areas (time series, computer vision, nlp, recommender systems,...)
- At least an intermediate level in English, both written and spoken, live in (or willing to relocate to) Madrid and enjoy working in an international team
- Experience in creation of high-quality dataset and benchmarks
- Familiarity with version control (preferably Git)
- Experience in Django
- Experience with SQL databases