TalentPool is looking to hire an enthusiastic data scientist to join our growing London team to kick-start our efforts to incorporate machine learning and statistical frameworks into how we operate.
Who we are
TalentPool is a talent matching platform, connecting UK start-ups and small businesses with recent university graduates. We're on a mission to change the way that companies find talent. We've created a platform that identifies suitable individuals for a role and connects them with an employer, automating what was previously a largely manual process.
We’re based in Huckletree Shoreditch, a co-working space with some of the most innovative companies in London and surrounded by buzzing cafés, restaurants and bars. Our office has excellent facilities, including a basketball and squash court, ride-in bike ramp with showers and locker facilities, and a large roof terrace for hosting events.
We are a small, expanding team with ambitious growth plans for the next 12 months so this is an exciting time to be joining us.
What you’ll do
- You will develop machine learning models that improves the way that
we match people to jobs and companies to candidates - the heart of what
- You will put these models into action, writing production-quality code to develop a core microservice that will be used by the rest of the platform
- You will help to monitor and maintain the quality of the machine learning systems in production.
Who you are
- You have a Bachelor or Master’s degree in a technical field, such as Mathematics, Computer Science, Physics or Statistics.
- You have a strong passion to learn advanced techniques from machine learning and statistics (e.g. Bayesian statistics, neural networks, clustering, random forest, natural language processing etc.)
- You ideally have some programming experience in languages such as Python, C/C++, Java or similar - either from your studies or through personal projects.
- You have an entrepreneurial mindset and are excited by the opportunity and the challenge of building an machine learning model from the ground-up
- You have a keen desire to research, develop and implement cutting-edge machine learning and statistical tools by immersing yourself in the field
- You have outstanding communication skills. You’ll be comfortable taking complex ideas and communicating them to different, often non-technical, audiences
- You have familiarity with the PyData stack for analytics/machine
learning, (e.g. scikit-Learn, pandas, Numpy) and/or frameworks such as
Tensorflow, PyTorch and Theano
- You have experience with SQL and/or NoSQL databases (ideally MySQL and MongoDB)
- Join a fun, friendly and ambitious group, with a variety of backgrounds and experiences.
- Plenty of scope for development and room to grow within the company.
- We have an active social calendar with frequent team meals and monthly socials, some recent examples include an Escape Room and axe-throwing!
- Tuesday breakfasts and Thursday drinks with the other teams in our co-working space.
- Working with lots of interesting companies on a daily basis and meeting clients from some of the most exciting startups in London.